Kiss My Face Green Tea and Bamboo

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by jabberwock, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

My wife has been using Kiss My Face Green Tea and Bamboo shave cream for a while now and been very happy with it, but I have largely ignored it until today. Sometimes I get curious about what I see as otherwise common every day things and then I develop an overriding compulsion to check them out. I'll look up ingredients in a glue, I'll try a weird looking tea flavor (even though I hate tea), or I'll try a product that I've never looked at twice before. Today was one of those times. I picked up my wife's bottle of Kiss My Face Green Tea and Bamboo shave cream and pulled a single pump of the stuff to lather up with, completely ignoring my previously intended eShave White Tea cream (sorry eShave, I still love you).

The KMF cream comes in either a 3.4oz. tube or an 11oz. pump bottle, not exactly luxurious, but a nice way to make measured use of a product. I liked knowing exactly how much cream I was using, but I have to be honest...the pump bottle was what initially turned me off to the idea of using the stuff, which is too bad because it's actually a pretty good idea. The cream comes out a little too liquid for my taste and doesn't have much of a smell until you start to lather. When I put the brush to this stuff it really came alive. The lather is thick and creamy and the scent is amazing. Think green, like a freshly cut sapling in a autumn forest, or the scent of sweet tea being sipped on a freshly mown lawn. It's a good scent, but it's not over powering. The lather goes on thick and smooth and does an excellent job of protecting and letting the razor glide across. After two passes I got a nice close shave and a happy diffuse scent lingering briefly. My skin felt refreshed and soft and I was very happy with the results.

After trying this I went straight to the site my wife uses to buy it, Pure Formulas, and set up an account. Pure Formulas does not charge tax and has free shipping with no minimum order and because my wife referred me I got a $5 off coupon, so an 11oz. bottle cost me only $2.95! If you head over to the Hot Deals section of The Mall here on TSD forum I have a link with my referral code so that, if you are interested, all you have to do is set up an account and you can get a $5 off coupon too. Where ever you get this stuff from (West Coast Shaving has it as well), it is definitely worth a try. It made me wonder about other creams that I have passed on because their packaging looked too "department store" issue. I really like this cream and just wish that I had given it a try sooner.

Here is a link to the Hot Deals thread that I started to get the $5 off coupon: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/5-off-at-pure-formulas.31579/#post-552736

I Call It Maize, ohpaos and Azarius like this.
  2. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I don't know about that scent but a lot of KMF is available in organic grocery stores or even the organic aisle of some regular grocery stores as well.

Thanks for the tip on where to get it cheap online though. Good info.

3. jabberwock

I can't get enough of this stuff, I now have all of their varieties and I superlather with this during almost every shave. If I am using a bay rum soap I'll throw a little KMF Key Lime onto it, if I have a soap that doesn't do so well lather or slickness wise then adding the Cool Mint will make up for its faults and give me a nice cooling sensation, if I feel like smelling woodsy fresh then out comes the Green Tea and Bamboo. I really love this stuff and am ultra happy that I found it at an unbeatable price.

4. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

$2.95 sounds like a great price. Since you have Whole Foods stores in your area, you may wish to look over the KMF product line in person to see what other creams are available. The first time I visited a Whole Foods, I walked out with four tubes of the shaving cream in four different scents. It's a nice serviceable shave cream at a excellent price. I have not tried the pump yet

Thanks for passing on your information.

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The Walgreens near me carries it, so that might be another option. Kiss My Face is great and gave me a fantastic shave this morning. The mint was the first premium wethshaving product I tried. Mmmmmm.... face freeze. :)

6. jabberwock

I didn't think I would like the mint at all, it smells like toothpaste to me, but it works so well that I don't mind the smell.

7. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

I have the Cool Mint and agree that it smells like toothpaste but I find that I like the mint smell first thing in the morning. I find that the smells reminds me more of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

8. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Osage rub smells minty like toothpaste, gum, or vicks. Maybe the combo would make you smell like fresh breath all day.:happy097:

9. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Good deal, gonna have to try some out

The non smelly one looks tempting

10. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I had the cool mint, lime, unscented, and bamboo. I like them all but I don't find myself reaching for then often. The unscented is great to fix some less than terrific lather.

11. I Call It Maize

I Call It Maize Well-Known Member

I don't care for the GTB scent but I do love the KMF cream. I have a small tube that may have 2-3 shaves out of it. :)

12. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I tried the cool mint today. It is very easy to lather and is very slick. The scent only lasts a short time but i think it is very refreshing. Here in Virginia you can find it at Trader Joes and The Vitamin Shoppe. It costs $6.99 for an 11 oz bottle and $3.49 for a 3.4 ounce tube.

I Call It Maize and jabberwock like this.