Great but inexpensive

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by oscar11, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I've been using cream for the last week and have been pretty impressed with a few. WARS, Italian Palmolive and Kiss My Face, all performed very well for me. None of these are new to me but I haven't used them in a long time. I'd like to hear what you like for inexpensive creams that are excellent performers in your opinion. For a guideline lets use Proraso or cheaper.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dr. Sheffield's. Around a buck a tube on sale local to me.

Upside: cheap and cost efficient - very little needed per shave so one tube lasts awhile; very slick stuff; neutral scent; leaves a decent moisturized feel behind; would be good for travel.

Possible downers: limited availability/big markups; neutral scent; no cushion; absolutely zero lather (it's "smear on," no brush needed...in fact it will badly clog a brush).

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Arko creams, Ingram come to my mind right away.

4. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

My avatar says it all, love the stuff!

crackstar likes this.
  5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Palmolive Classic and Italian Menthol, Derby Lemon, D'men Sensitive, Old Spice Regular.

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Speick, Ingrams , La Toja.

I 've used quite a few cheap creams , seems to me most you can get to lather okay but its a matter of using more of the product, maybe this escapes some over concern with using the " right amount" of product.

newb likes this.
  7. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I enjoy the Erasmic cream. Probably the cheapest cream I got

8. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Every cream I have is cheap and a good performer (the bad ones were culled out). The most expensive is the Irisch Moos at about 6-7$. To name a few good cheap performers Palmolive Cool, Pascale, Speick, Ralon, Man Xtreme, Nivea...all good stuff for spare change

crackstar likes this.
  9. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Kiss My Face is an awesome cream, it lathers really well and all of the different scents smell great. Supermax is also great, I can get it extremely cheap from Connaught Shaving and it does an excellent job.

10. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Arko and Godrej. The Godrej Menthol Mist is particularly nice!

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That Godrej Menthol Mist is a mekhayeh (a pleasure) to use!

Ryan Bales and Weishi Warrior like this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I am a big fan of The Real Shaving Co. double concentrated shave cream.

It's about $5 a tube, available locally, and it is made by Creighton's.

BamaT and PLANofMAN like this.
  13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I haven't used creams that much, but I will say the two I have used I have used I've enjoyed. C.O.Bigalow and Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender. I'm looking forward to getting a few more like Speick, Palmolive, Erasmic, Figaro, Mystic Menthol, Nuka and Lea.....:)

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    This.
    Also Figaro and Barbon. Plus they come in metal tubes which adds to the vintage cool factor.

15. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

KMF an Arko are my favorite inexpensive creams. The KMF Patchouli is excellent.

16. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Godrej, Palmolive, Nivea, Viking, Arko... Really just about any cream that comes in a tube is going to work well and be inexpensive. Expensive creams generally come in a tub.

17. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Kaloderma is a shave cream in a tube from Canada. I use it in rotation and it seems to be a pretty good shave cream. I use it with 3 drops of glycerin. Always, Gene

18. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I am starting to like proraso

19. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

They're not creams though.

20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Lider classic is great. And same price as wars.