3-Piece Week 2/4-2/10

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by swarden43, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

I've been back twice to oogle this beauty. I've been happy having one razor (& a robust soap addiction), but how this tempts me!

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

[/quote]
    :signs001: VERY much DLP thats is just the info I needed...:happy088: Ohhhhhhh :think002: I'm getting that R.A.D. feeling again..:happy093:

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Let yourself go "GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION" ohpaos. Remember when in your dying bed its the things you wanted to do/get, but didn't that will haunt you..:angelic013:

4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Another great shave today with the Muhle R89. Just realized I didn't get a spot on my jaw perfectly smooth so not quite BBS but still a great, close, comfortable shave. The past couple days using the Muhle/Wilkie combo have given me some of my closest and still most comfortable shaves since I started with a DE. I think I'm going to enjoy riding this wave for a while. :) I might just have my own personal 3-piece month.

5. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Wednesday

Great shave with the FaTip Chrome Grande head on a UFO Godzilla handle/Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (Russia)

6. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a bit of a surprise from a company like Muhle! Normally their quality control is excellent. Sorry to hear about that and I hope you will get your replacement soon.
    Cheers, Lyndon

Llyr, dcc and Slipperyjoe like this.
  7. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

I busted out the 33C today ... got some razor burn and irritation; I love the weight and feel of this razor a lot but I've struggled since day 1 with results, hence why i don't use it much; maybe some blade experimentation is in order.

Llyr, feeltheburn, Lyndon and 2 others like this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Wednesday:
    Gillette Old Style OC. Always a pleasure to use. The resulting BBS is really pleasant as well! :)

SoS 2013-02-06.jpg

Llyr, dcc, feeltheburn and 3 others like this.
  9. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Captain's log Shavedate 06022013
    Had another good one with the Jaggy today. The overall comfort level of the 3 piece has been improving lately. I'm going to find out if the 3X can match a TTO for comfort...

Shave long and prosper.. spkkohand.png

Llyr, dcc, feeltheburn and 3 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    This is my Travel Tech (1962). It's my goto razor for... well, travel.
    A great little shaver.

[​IMG]

Llyr, ohpaos, dcc and 4 others like this.
  11. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Today I skipped the injectors in favor of 3 piece DE razor. It was the first DE shave in many months. The combination of the mild Tech and a new Feather blade brought me a great DFS.

IMG_2762.JPG

Llyr, macaronus, dcc and 2 others like this.
  12. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

It really is a great razor and one of my most favorites. The R106 is the razor I will normally use when testing out new blades.

Llyr and macaronus like this.
  13. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

gillette-old-type.jpg

This Gillette Old Type Single Ring is my oldest three piece razor. It is an interesting razor because the razor is similar in construction to a Merkur 34C HD. The comb is fixed to the handle. The bottom piece goes up through the handle to meet the threads of the head piece.

I will be using this old fella tomorrow morning. :)

Cheers, Lyndon

Llyr, macaronus, dcc and 2 others like this.
  14. feeltheburn

My wife picked me up a new tub of Body Shop Maca Root the other day since I've been out of it for a few weeks. I've been mostly using VDH soap during that time so when I went to load my brush with the cream, I got a little carried away. It's ok though, I had a nice 8-pass shave :) Just kidding. I did take a little extra time with touch-ups this morning since I had the time and plenty of extra lather and got a great BBS shave. The Muhle R89 is working great for me. My poor Wilkie blade was giving out on its 3rd shave though. I got just a little irritation on my neck during the ATG pass. That seems to be fairly normal for just about every blade I've tried though. We'll see how long that irritation sticks with me today and if it does for very long, I may have to institute a new 2 and out policy.

Llyr, macaronus, Lyndon and 2 others like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thursday: Ugly Duckling + Gillette 7 O'clock yellow + Wilkinson Sword brush + Arko = BBS!

SoS 2013-02-07.jpg

feeltheburn, Llyr and Lyndon like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

After some vacation time and using my "L" injector, I'm back to my Merkur 1904 with body shop cream for the rest of the week.

17. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Almost all of my razors are 3-piece, I have one TTO that I hardly use. This is my kind of week.
    [​IMG]

feeltheburn, Llyr and Lyndon like this.
  18. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday

Cadet TP27 OC/Perma-Sharp Super (2)

Friday

Weber DLC with Classic Handle/Perma-Sharp Super (1)

Lyndon and macaronus like this.
  19. feeltheburn

A new Wilkinson blade and all is right with the world again. That irritation was with me about half the day yesterday so I'm going to have to go 2 and out with blades most of the time from now on, at least if I need a BBS shave from it. The Muhle R89 is becoming my favorite razor I think. I had a DFS after 2 passes today but my beard is thick and dark so even with that, I'll be accused of not shaving at work. So I did the 3rd pass with a couple touch ups and got a great irritation free BBS shave and a nice face freeze from Bigelow and Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

Lyndon, macaronus and JRod22 like this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Friday:

Gillette Old style OC & Gillette 7 O'clock yellow. Nice shave! (Duh! What did you expect? :D )
    SoS 2013-02-08.jpg

Lyndon, feeltheburn and JRod22 like this.