MWF Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by burpsan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I too only buy the replacement round. When I use it in my Surabachi I really don't have trouble making it lather.

2. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

One day I too will own some MWF in the ceramic container. I thought someone (anyone) in my family would get me one as I dropped enough hints but no-o-o-o!

3. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

For me, the only way in which it has not lived up to it's reputation is that I haven't had any problems lathering with it. It definitely gives the best shave of any of the soaps I've tried, Palmolive stick is a close second.

PLANofMAN and JRod22 like this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Maybe you were too subtle?

JRod22 likes this.
  5. ElliotR

ElliotR Member

Big MWF fan here and Palmolive shave stick also my no.2
    I currently have 3 pucks of the Fat waiting...how should i store them? Also has anyone discovered how many shaves a man can get out of one puck?

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I think Maca Root Shave cream is on par with MWF. That being said, I think the soap he was thinking of is Valobra. I've never tried it but I've heard good things.
    Turk, sorry to hear that, but at least they didn't misunderstand and get you a sheep...

JRod22 likes this.
  7. DoughBoy68

DoughBoy68 Member

I love MWF; great easy to make lather, good cushin, slippery, a little expensive but worth every penny.

8. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Due to the Lanolin the smell of that soap reminds me sheep.

9. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I like the scent of MWF.

10. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    All I get is soap and lavender when I smell it. Maybe a hint of heather too...

11. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

I bought this soap the last time I tried wet shaving out but I've always been wary of it after hearing that Lanolin can cause skin problems for some people. May try it next time I head home from Uni.

12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Not skin problems. Allergic reactions. A small percentage of the population is allergic to lanolin. Either you are or you're not.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

psst... MWF Week, over here ---> *MWF*

14. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

I'll try it when I get home in a couple of weeks and will report back in this thread how I got on. :)

15. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I had the ceramic bowl. It looks nice enough but it always struck me as easily broken, it is ceramic alright. Problem with the bowl/soap is that the puck dimensions don't match exactly. The puck wobbles around the bowl as you lather the puck and its irritating as all get out. The bowl looks nice, no denying that because its based on old shaving cream pots that are collected today but I found using it a pain.

I don't think you need to grate MWF but you do need to store it with a lid on top. If it dries out the puck will crack and the soap itself seems to prefer its own environment , belieive or not ,so keeping it covered or sealed is a must.

alpla444 and Williams Warrior like this.
  16. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I hear you on the keep it covered Im using Kent soap (which is the same product re-branded) I keep mine in a Tupperware bowl, I grated it to fit, as the bowl is a little too small for the puck, granted it does not look good esp when compared to the ceramic dish/bowl that looks stunning, but that said I can go months without using the soap and get great shaves every time I open it, the rubber seals on the lid really do keep it fresh, just as well as this stuff lasts for ages, with my current rotation Im not sure if I will ever finnish it.

Hanzo likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I found that when you added water to the puck, it swelled to fit the bowl perfectly, and I feel it was designed to those measurements for exactly that reason.

18. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i have been using the mwf bath soap this week and think its fantastic too.

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I just ordered my 1st Mitchell´s today...Hope i will get it middle of the week.I´m soooo excited...That´s waht i read here makes me really think positiv.I let you guys know about it.:)

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I received my 1st Mitchell´s right now.:)And i had my shave yesterday...:angry017:Now there is nothing to shave right now...:angry017:I want to try it!!!It smells very very nice.Let´s see how the soap works.But when i read all the positive things about it,i think i will love the soap.Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]