Cruise Advice

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 10, 2013.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Oh yeah, to tag onto that sea sickness thing. I get that transderm patch from my doctor. One patch is good for three days at a time and it'll prevent you from becoming sea sick. I've been on 8 cruises and almost always get that patch.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

have a great time Joanna....I lived on a cruise ship for over 2 years...loved every minute...

You have to go to that first fire drill when you leave....after that, its all spoiling yourself....just enjoy!! And don't tolerate anything you don't dig....

On the Carnival Ships and a couple others now the Shows are world class...

ohpaos, blanka and Queen of Blades like this.
  3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

What my wife and I always love about cruises is meeting the other passengers who are assigned to our dining table. We still talk to a couple of people from our dining table that we met on our first cruise nearly 10 years ago.

4. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

You will do a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes. Participate in some of the onshore excursions if possible. This is a great way to take a vacation and I hope you enjoy it

5. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

In the Caribbean, that's called a "richgem". :happy068:

ohpaos and Queen of Blades like this.
  6. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Don't know if you're kidding about extra insulin, but if you do take any medications make sure to bring extra in case something happens and the the cruise is longer than expected.

ohpaos and Queen of Blades like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:eek:

D@mn those paparazzi! :susel:

ohpaos likes this.
  8. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I hope the Queen likes onion sandwiches...

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    huh?

10. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The ginger is a good idea. I used to scuba dive almost every weekend, and people on the dive boat used powdered ginger capsules or a slice of ginger root. It worked very well, but you need to take it before you start feeling sick.

A cruise sounds exciting. Have a good time!

12. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Don't take the one that is stuck outside of Mobile, Alabama in the Gulf. I heard on the news today it has almost been a week without electricity or running water and people are pooping in bags. Yuck! That being said...The Bahamas are beautiful and you should have a great time. I booked my flight for Granada this December, which is in the Carribean.

13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Can't they just do their business over the side of the railing? Our ancestors survived countless thousands of years before indoor plumbing was developed.

14. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

Our ancestors ships were not 12 stories high.

15. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Jo, don't fall off the boat ...... what more can I say?!?

16. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I have never been on a cruise so can't offer any advice, but I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself