Grrrr, chipped bowl.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by srpavko, Feb 12, 2013.

1. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

This morning while setting up for my shave I dropped a glass bowl that holds my VdH, onto the edge of my new shaving bowl :angry019:

WP_000373.jpg

Now I have a spot to rest my brush so it won't slip into the bottom of the bowl covering the handle in lather!! :cool: Lookin at the bright side whenever I can!

feeltheburn and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. vinthechin12

vinthechin12 Active Member

Ouch. I feel your pain

srpavko likes this.
  3. srpavko

Thanks Vin.

4. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

That might be a good idea. Round it off with some sand paper and it'll look like part of the bowls design. Look at the status of Venus ! Who would have thought she originally had arms?

ohpaos and srpavko like this.
  5. srpavko

I sanded it down some so it wouldn't cut me, I'll leave it there until it really starts to bug me, then maybe I'll get out the files.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your tragedy...:( Sure makes a Marvey green rubber mug more attactive. I wish Marvey would make a rubber bowl I'd get one...:)

srpavko likes this.
  7. srpavko

Yeah, I saw it all happen in slow motion! I was lucky because the bowl that fell on it exceeded it's own mass by double. It easily could have been the end for my purty blue bowl. Good thing it was only 9 bucks!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Watching it happen with "ABSOLUTELY" nothing you can do but watch is the WORST!! At least nothing was shattered... Everytime I use my marble mortor bowl to mix my lather it crosses my mind that I could drop it or something on it..hmmm not VERY relaxing....:sad024:

The Marvey keeps looking better and better......:)

9. srpavko

I'm with ya! Marvey me!

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

And this is why I use a silicone bowl I got on eBay. (It actually does generate some nice lather.)

srpavko likes this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

And I only shave when I'm sober, so I don't drop things or cut myself. :)

srpavko likes this.
  12. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Man that's rough. I still haven't bought a bowl yet, maybe I should get on that soon.

srpavko likes this.
  13. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

It does look like a convenient brush rest! It was very considerate of your bowl to break like that. It now has character & battle scars, like the best of us :)

srpavko likes this.
  14. srpavko

I think that bowl was actually too big. The brush always fell in during rest in between passes, and was just a tad too deep. Like I said it was nine bucks and since the chip has now turned to a crack, it has been retired. I'm going to stop in the kitchen store tomorrow and see if there is a smaller version of the same design. Or maybe one of those suribachi bowls.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The suribachis come in a variety of sizes, so that might suit you.

srpavko likes this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

srpavko likes this.
  17. Moe

Moe Active Member

Bummer, hate to see things like that happen. On the bright side, you now can have a reason to shop for a new bowl........ You know, because we need a reason ;)

srpavko and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

Plastic Bowl user checking in. :D

srpavko likes this.
  19. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

Looks like a functional modification to me. Well, it does if I squint.

Perhaps a touch up with a Sharpie (waterproof marker) is in order.

20. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

A shaving vendor used to sell these Corelle Dessert bowls as shaving bowls. Its been dropped on the floor, in the sink, into the empty bathtub and not a scratch, very durable. The dimensions are perfect for generating lather and it fits in the palm of the hand. They are on ebay but often sold in sets of 4. I don't see them in Walmart anymore , they were there some years ago for $5? 008 (640x522).jpg

srpavko and JRod22 like this.