The Haul: February 2013

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Jan 31, 2013.

1. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Yesterday I received a Whipped Dog Silvertip.

Fresh out of the box:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360934117.794363.jpg

After first use:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360934153.201932.jpg

This is my first true badger brush. I do have a Semogue 2012 Special Edition but its a mixed badger/boar.

I have to say I absolutely live this brush. I've never had a brush so soft. It was a totally different experience creating the lather (which it did a fantastic job doing) and then applying to my face.

I think I fell in love. Time will tell.

2. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

That a good looking lot! If I ever need a vintage razor, you'll be the first to receive a PM.

3. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

Sure only reason I bought the lot was for the persona 74s the 1914 and contour

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

There's no stopping you, is there? :D

Great hauls mate!

King camp likes this.
  5. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I just picked up one of the famous bakelite slants off Italianbarber.com Looks like that may be the last of them as well. I got mighty lucky, was causally discussing them with my dad while eating lunch. Went on to show him pictures and he had just added 5, which I think was the last 5 he has because they have been completely removed from the website. Hello best birthday present ever!

Monkeylord, Ryan B, 5Savages and 6 others like this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congrats, matey!

King camp and JRod22 like this.
  7. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Well I ordered a tube of Bigelow from Amazon and they sent me this :

[​IMG]

I ain't complaining since I hear they are the same and I love my Proraso Red, but ....weird. Well off to shave!!

Update: Sent a quick email to Amazon just letting them know that I was shipped the wrong order by one of their sellers. I told them that since the products are virtually the same, or exactly the same, I was not interested in the hassle of returning, just wanted to point out a shipping error.

Within the hour I received an email from them apologizing and refunding my account for the purchase without requiring a return. So yeah, I get a free tube of Proraso and $10! Of course I'm gonna go order something else, did ya think I wouldn't?

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great find there Kev, looks to be in good shape, hope works well.

JRod22 and Hanzo like this.
  9. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Just ordered more scents from Pyrate cove Soapworks

1 Cake of Cucumber & Melon Shaving Soap
    1 Cake of Sandalwood Shaving Soap
    1 Cake of Menthol Shaving Soap
    1 Cake of Lavender Shaving Soap
    1 Cake of Mandarin Shaving Soap
    1 Cake of Lime Shaving Soap

Ryan Bales, Lyndon, JRod22 and 2 others like this.
  10. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Winner winner chicken dinner! Don't you just love it when things work out like that.
    Try and order a tube of the Proraso blue. Just saying

srpavko likes this.
  11. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

This is all I got today it's strop paste for the rolls image.jpg

lradke, Ryan Bales, Lyndon and 2 others like this.
  12. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

I'm patiently waiting for my futur and whipped dog silver tip brush. I'm sure my mailman is tired of my stopping him in the streets and asking if I have any packages yet. The only thing stopping my ad from going out of control is I don't have PayPal lol. If I did I'd be broke haha with a roomful of razors and a smile on my face. And probably a bullet in my body from a very angry woman something about a wedding in July to pay for.

Ryan Bales, Lyndon, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  13. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040450(1).JPG P1040452(1).JPG P1040451(1).JPG P1040455(1).JPG
    Wow where do I begin,
    3xSE razors (Gem,Star & OCMM in case)
    Old spice mug
    Vintage balsa strop
    VDH shave set
    VDH 3x soaps
    Kells original soap
    Swaty hone, and a mini carborundum hone
    And a Roony best badger brush

A special thanks goes out yet again to Kev (Hanzo) for getting hold of this stuff and packing it up and send to me from USA-UK
    And for also PIFing half of that to me esp The Roony brush!!!! and the soaps Ive said it many times he's one top bloke. cheers matey.

Monkeylord, 5Savages, JRod22 and 10 others like this.
  14. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Picked up a cool little soap holder mug. Not designed for this I don't think but has a perfect little recess for the puck. Also picked up some Edwin Jagger cream Sea Buckthorn for 50% off at a local Mens Shoppe. Bought a puck of VdH for the new mug. think I'll give it to my son when he gets home.

WP_000389 (1).jpg

15. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

best-shave.jpg

Got these goodies from Best Shave Net. I will try the razor on the left today. It came in a box marked "Rapid". I am eager to try the Arko Ice Mint with menthol but I will wait for tomorrow (Menthol Monday). The 3 Yuma razors are for give aways and I am planning on grating up the Arko stick, adding menthol and making a nice cooling "croap".

Cheers, Lyndon

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That Sea Buckthorn SC is awesome! Not only does it work great but the scent is amazing! :)

macaronus likes this.
  17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Went to an antique store, got a Rolls Viscount for $15. Looks like it's in pretty good shape.
    P1000324.JPG P1000325.JPG

18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Wow, how beautiful. I know nothing about Rolls razors, but that one looks pretty.

19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I've got an Imperial that I reconditioned and tried to shave with, it was a terrible shave. I saw this and decided to give it another shot. I'll hone both the Viscount and Imperial and try them both, if the shaves still as bad as the first attempt, it's probably time to give up and have a PIF. Some of the members swear by these razors, so I want to give them a fair trial.

Lyndon and macaronus like this.
  20. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I've been away from the acquisitions lately, but have recently picked up a few items.

Vintage Avon Tai Winds aftershave in a Longhorn Steer decanter
    Vintage Rubberset Sterilized 153 brush - I'll be replacing the knot eventually. It looks great, but unfortunately there's a small crack in the handle that wasn't disclosed by the seller.
    L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream - received this in a trade. It's been recently reformulated and this current version is fantastic!!
    Black King straight, Gebr Becker, Solingen Germany - I love the scales on this! I need to find someone to hone it for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monkeylord, Lyndon, King camp and 7 others like this.