Shave Secret

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by B-3, Feb 14, 2013.

1. B-3

B-3 Active Member

A wee bottle I picked up at Walmart for $3 bucks.
    I use 5 drops, not 3.
    No bumps, burn, or red from going over the same area.
    Since using this, I have not cut or scraped my skin at all.
    Hot water, SS, then lather. If you need to go over a place, then just dab the area with hot water, and the SS protects you skin again. After that 3 more drops if you have to hit the area again.

[​IMG]

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

There are a few people here who like shave oil. I tried using them, but I found that they do more harm than good. They can also be used without cream or soap. The big advantage for that is that you can see where you're shaving and do a better job. But I like my creams/soaps so I will keep using them.

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

With shaving oil, as with all thing shaving-related, YMMV. I love pre-shave oils, but they are not for everyone. Ryan, you are a lot younger than I am (as are dirt and fire) and that is probably a factor.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

True, my skin is still prone to acne so I have to use the bare minimum of products necessary. My skin has gotten better and it's not as beat up as it was when I was still using cartridges.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Everyone Ive had try it, keeps using it.
    Its all person preference.

6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I love it and use 6 drops myself. It won't clog pores, so there's no worry about pimple flare ups.

7. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

Add me to the "likes it" camp. I just picked up a spare bottle today since they don't always have it in stock at my friendly neighborhood Walmart

8. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I've used it as a pre-shave and to clean up stubble I missed shaving and once or twice to shave with and it does work, no doubt about it . I like the clovey scent.

9. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Smells the same as blade oil, so our pad always smells that way.
    Our two Walmarts run out all the time. I buy 3-4 when I see them.

10. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

:) I have been tempted to buy some from Wal-Mart. I'm sure it works as advertised, but I have a hard time wondering how just a few drops will make your face suitable for an entire shave. I'm currently using a Gem Featherweight, and am a little skittish about using it with a stiff carbon steel single edge blade. I guess there's only one way to find out...

11. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I can't stand the smell of that stuff, used it once then threw it in the outside garbage can.

12. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I only use as a supplement and wouldn't dream of having a straight shave without proper lather. It's only a skin protectant for me.

13. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I have a bottle of this stuff, I will second your opinion that this stuff does work. For the price it is worth it. I hate the scent though. I dab 4 or 5 drops on my hand is just rub it on my cheeks where my beard is the thickest. For $5 it is at least worth a shot, but next time I may try Lloyd's preshave oil with citrus scent off of ebay or maybe Cromwell & Cruthers. Both are under $10.

14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've got some shave oil (different brand: Kruidvat - Dutch), used it, like the smell, but miss the lather. I use it when I'm in a hurry and I might take it with me when I need a small shave kit. Razor, blade, oil: ready.

I haven't tried it yet as pre-shave.

15. FireLion1983

FireLion1983 Member

How is this any different from Sara's "make your own" shaving oil?

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I've seen this stuff, but I like using lather. I may try it some time in the future. That is unless I can get hold of a time machine. Then I may travel back and try it in the past.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm not sure it is, other than the fact that you can make my recipe smell however you want.

18. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I don't have to make it.

vinthechin12 likes this.
  19. FireLion1983

FireLion1983 Member

Okay, was just wondering if this stuff had a magic ingredient in it. So it's not really a secret, after all!? Those liars! :p

20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Here's the back of the box, sorry it's such a big image.

Found some at Wally-world, will give it a shot tomorrow. Best thing is, it's a Texas product :rah:
    IMG.jpg

macaronus likes this.