Great but inexpensive

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by oscar11, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well - I'll 2nd ( or 3rd, or 12th!) the KMF - about the best deal out there - top performer and very inexpensive. Then there is C.O. Bigelow, always bought on sale at 3 for the price of 2. I like everything about it! Perfect amount of menthol for daily use, love the scent, and very good skin care. I have 10 tubes in the cabinet right now : )

2. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

My favourite is R.P Williams Shaving Cream. $15 for 500 mL jar. A fingernail sized blob is good for three passes and then some with a very rich lather . It might last forever.

A very close second is Proraso Shaving Soap that lathers like a cream. Very pleasant mild eucalyptus/menthol scent that vanishes quickly. $11 for 147mL.

I have tried 11 different soaps and creams and am content with these two.

Parker Sandalwood Sheabutter Luxury Shave Bar is a close follow up. Rich lather. I can not describe the scent other than it is mild and pleasant. I can't remember the price but it was inexpensive. 50 gm jar.

3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Godrej creams are very good and only $2 per tube at the local Indian grocery stores.

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Musgo Real Original, Gibbs Sensitive, Dalan D' Men, La Toja Sensitive. I didn't spend more than $10 on any of these creams.

crackstar likes this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Generally I don't even spend 10,00$ on any cream or soap! ;)

Ryan Bales likes this.
  6. Ryan B

I understand that most of these creams can be bought for a less than $5 except for Dalan D' Men which is unavailable in Turkey.

The Gibbs and Dalan were free for me... the Gibbs came with my Secret Santa Gift; the Dalan was acquired from the Travel Box. Since I don't have the cash to fly to Spain or Portugal at the moment, I will just live with the fact that it costs extra to import and sell the stuff Stateside. :cool:

crackstar likes this.
  7. crackstar

Mon Dieu - the Dalan D'Man is from Turkey. It's been around for a little time, I think............unless it was discontinued?

8. Ryan B

Oh well I was told by Lloyd (Bird Lives) that it can't be bought in Turkey. They only make it for exports and they are major jerks when you ask about buying some locally from a warehouse.

ohpaos and crackstar like this.
  9. B-3

B-3 Active Member

I have not been able to find this anywhere, only the knock off stuff.

10. crackstar

Lloyd is right - the factory is located in Izmir, and apparently they are a bunch of idiots. Very rude to prospective customers.

11. Ryan B

That's too bad, because they make a great cream. I have only used it once, but I got a very nice shave with it.

12. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

West Coast Shaving carries it.

13. crackstar

I found the cream good, but not as good as any of the Arko creams. I have the Dalan D'Man Cool - not even ONE drop of cooling sensation. The Arko Ice Mint cream feels like washing your face with cold water - it's a pleasure to use. :)

178-bplatoon likes this.
  14. Ryan B

I think the ingredients made the shave so good for me. It has allantoin in it and made my face really moisturized at the end of the shave.

15. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Man I am going to get killed by SWMBO but that sounds awesome, got to get me some.

16. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

I used Palmolive for Men Classic with Palm Extract last night after buying it from Tesco for maybe £1.99. Worked really nicely and I liked the smell of it unlike most people.

17. deoxy4

deoxy4 Member

J.M. Fraser's when you consider price per ounce.

18. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Another vote here for the Arko cream, which I particularly like for superlathering. I call my little travel tube "the doctor" b/c I use it to rescusitate puny lather.