Nationwide Box Tour 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fishcrow, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work! :happy096:

2. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

You did the hard part! All I did was stick some j.b.weld and a knot into the handle. Thanks for offering up such an awesome handle into the box.

3. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

The box is in my hands. Sorry I'm posting this late.

Taking:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361472730.952880.jpg

Adding:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361472758.100515.jpg

I've included a sample of the original Floid Blue.

What is FIX Egoiste?

JRod22 and GDCarrington like this.
  4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The box is has arrived in stop 4, it is moving along nicely. Thank you everyone for keeping the box moving and making this trip such a success so far.

blanka likes this.
  5. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Curses! Was hoping to finally get my hands on a sample of Osage. :angry017:

6. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I think there should still be some Osage Rub in the box.

blanka likes this.
  7. xCarbonSteelx

There is.

blanka likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

FIX Egoiste is an aftershave / cologne that is marketed in Turkey. I got some from BestShave some time ago.

What blade did you choose from the mystery deck?

9. xCarbonSteelx

The blade I choose was the Personna's. the reason I picked them was simply because I have a newer Personna blade still in production.

I shaved with the older Personna and was able to get a comfortable shave 3 out of 5 days (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). Thursdays shave declined as the sharpness decreased. Friday I had to change blades in the middle of shaving as there was a lot of tugging and pulling.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361726293.570933.jpg

Ryan B, GDCarrington and JRod22 like this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I see you picked up the Slim Twin handle. I have been using mine the past two weeks since I have been on travel.
    The two in one pivot / fixed head selector on one handle provides a lot of flexibility.
    Enjoy it!

11. GarGuy

GarGuy Well-Known Member

Having recently joined, I check this thread every day and can't help but feel like I missed out!

This looks like so much fun!!

JRod22 likes this.
  12. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I haven't been here for much longer than yourself. I guess I came in at a good time, as I was able to jump on board. I remember feeling like maybe I shouldn't because at that point I didn't have any extra gear to give away. Haha how quickly that changed. Any way, it is to my understanding that the box goes around more than one time a year.

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. xCarbonSteelx

Hey guys, so sorry for getting this off so late. I've had a crazy work schedule.

Tracking # 9405510200882682576204

14. blanka

Just a heads up, box arrived safe and sound. Stuffed to the gills as usual! I'll post my selections/trades a little later.

GDCarrington and JRod22 like this.
  15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

It is great to see the box moving across the USA.

16. blanka

BTW, I picked the 1960's Wilkinson Sword blade pack. Did a 2-pass shave this morning in my NDC Super Speed, however, I need to give it another run tomorrow. I made the mistake of trying a new soap at the same time and ended up with a fairly rough shave. I don't actually think it was the fault of the blade as my lather was way on the foamy side of things. I'll use one of my usual soap/creams tomorrow (either P160 or Proraso).

GDCarrington and JRod22 like this.
  17. blanka

Took at second run at the 1960's Wilkie this morning. It went much better. Same hardware, but I used Prorasso Blue Shaving Cream. Nice DFS. I do have some stinging though (no weepers, just stinging) and I think I know what it is. I have the same reaction to Feathers, which as we all know are super sharp. I get the same sense from these blades, that they are just super sharp.

Thanks again, GDCarrington!

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. blanka

The Travelin' Box - Stuffed as usual

DSC_0972.JPG

My mystery blade pack selection

DSC_0974.JPG

Taking out

DSC_0975.JPG

Putting in

DSC_0976.JPG

As usual, I wanted to put a lot more in there, but couldn't due to space. I did try my best to reorganize the contents, so that they fit a little better.

JRod22 and GDCarrington like this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They are very sharp even after 40+ years. Usually the second and third shaves are the best from those blades.

Glad you enjoy them.

JRod22 likes this.
  20. blanka

Box should be going out today. Sorry for the delay...busy housing market around here lately! Anyway, I decided to make a last minute addition, hope y'all like it!

20130311_092338.jpeg

GDCarrington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.