Greatest TV show EVER.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Geordie Sam, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Geordie Sam

Geordie Sam Active Member

Hi lads, Geordie Sam here,
    just wanted to say (imho) the greatest TV show I have ever seen (and it pains me to say this, is one of yours) just has to be The Sopranos, I remember when I first saw it back around 1999? I loved it immediately.The one thing I think above everything is, in American Cinema and TV you always get the casting absolutely spot on.
    Everybody maybe with the exception of Little Steven, I dont know if it's because I know he is nothing like that character in real life, or if it's his terrible "syrup of figs" (that's Cockney rhyming slang for wig) but everyone else is just right.
    Solid quality writing,even a bit of humour thrown in every now and again.I am sick of hearing people bang on about The Wire, I just dont know what all the song and dance was about, I must be missing something, I just thought it farly tasteless and crude.
    Anyway, what's your thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Geordie Sam.

2. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Love the Sopranos as well! I have so many favorites I don't know where to begin...

Current favorite EVER..."Shameless" on Showtime.

The most captivating favorite of ALL TIME..."Dexter". I would have to say my favorite EVER is "Dexter"!

Heloguy likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Liked "The Sopranos" But I thought the writing was too uneven for such a superlative.

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've never seen the Sopranos, but one of my favorites comes from your side of the pond and that show is MI5, but in the UK it was called Spooks. My favorite U.S. show is Grey's Anatomy, which has had me hooked since the first episode.

5. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've only been able to catch a few episodes of The Walking Dead but I think that would be my favorite. It's tough to get time to watch it with a 6-year old in the house though.

KLF likes this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Kinda favor the sci-fi genre..pretty much anything with a star preface, Babylon 5 and good ol' Doc W..the Tom Baker years of course...

burnout961 likes this.
  7. B-3

B-3 Active Member

M*A*S*H

For those who did not know there are lyrics that the TV show left off

srpavko and KLF like this.
  8. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

True Blood!

9. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

Hands down its Top Gear and not the crappy US version.

ksb63 and srpavko like this.
  10. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Right now there is nothing that entertains me more than the Big Bang Theory. Sheldon just kills me. Not sure if it's the best ever, but right now...for me it is.

Williams Warrior likes this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I would have to put Andy Griffith at the top of my list. Casting was superb. No matter how many times I've seen an episode, and know the lines by heart, I still find them funny and laugh!

Currently, I really like Justified. I 'm not a prude, but I would prefer the language toned down. Still, great casting and a great show.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I love this show too.

Williams Warrior likes this.
  13. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

For HBO shows, The Sopranos was a great show. I thought The Wire was brilliant and I currently very much like Game of Thrones.

14. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Right now, Downton Abby is one of my favorites. In past years, Happy Days was just good clean memories. Also, Tom Hanks first series was about two guys working at an Ad Agency but had to rent a room at an all female building for cheap rent. I liked the parts interacting with the Ad Agency people who are wonderful fun in a tense business environment.

srpavko likes this.
  15. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Shameless
    Spartacus
    House of Lies
    Game of Thrones
    Magic City
    Sons of Anarchy

That's all I can think of right now.

Conrad1959 likes this.
  16. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

There has been many in the past, but of present shows I really dig How I Met Your Mother, The Walking Dead, Two and a Half men plus The Big Bang Theory. On top of them rests Breaking Bad as my current favorite just ahead of The Walking Dead.

17. Kevin K

Kevin K Well-Known Member

I think that show was called "Bosom Buddies". Fabulous show.

dougr, BossManBill and srpavko like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Most of my favorites have ended :(

Sons of Anarchy
    House
    Dexter
    Eureka ("A Town Called Eureka" in the U.K.)
    Dollhouse
    Chuck
    Weeds
    Bones
    Fringe
    Warehouse 13

Conrad1959 likes this.
  19. ehcalum

ehcalum Active Member

Dr. Who has always been a favourite of mine. My stepdad being British introduced me to the first series and I was hooked. I got SWMBO hooked on the new series with Matt Smith, but she has me now netflixing Stargate SG-1 and MacGuyver with her bloody crush on Richard Dean Anderson.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  20. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Going back a few years I was a hugely devoted fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and its spinoff Angel.

Erik Redd likes this.