Wilkies

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by B-3, Feb 28, 2013.

1. B-3

B-3 Active Member

The Walmart Wilkies are from Germany right?
    It seems they have them in India for $12 a 100 on E-bay.
    But they are made in India.
    Whats the rest of the story?

2. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

The ones your seeing if they are indeed made in India then there gillette wilknsons and are not the same post a picture and ill tell you for sure

3. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

The India ones, for me, were not as good as the German ones. I was pretty surprised but that was my experience. The Indian ones I had came in a blue and white cardboard box with "Gillette" up top and the Wilkie crossed swords logo under. The blade wrapper looked the same as the box.

4. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Well then I dont want to try the Indian ones.
    The German ones have enough quality control problems.

5. King camp

Oddly I didn't find them that bad not that sharp but smooth enough

6. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I wouldn't say they were "bad" per se, I found them mediocre. The German ones work very well for me though.

7. King camp

Yes exactly like a low end blade which is what they are not bad but not excellent as these are the low end gillettes in India below the super platinum and the permasharps

8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

For me, the Wilkinson Sword in the blue and white wrapper (made in India) gave very good shaves in both the Merkur 34C and the Edwin Jagger DE89L. The Wilkinson Sword black label and white label blades work quite well in the DE89L, but give lousy shaves in the Merkur. The Wilkinsons in the white label pack with a gold 5 are great in the DE89L, almost as good as the Indian Wilkinsons.