How's Your Day? - March 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your trip!!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Thanks, Steve!
    It was awesome! The only vacation I've ever been sad to see end. Ready to start planning the next cruise.

The only plus side to coming home so far is the dentist. Darn tooth that I had the filling replaced a couple months ago is causing me so much pain. Started the second or third day of the cruise and has only gotten worse. I called for an appointment as soon as I was on land again. Four more days to go. :(

This tooth hasn't been right since the replacement filling. Think I'm going to just have it extracted.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad you enjoyed yourself!
    I'll be praying all goes well with the tooth.

5. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

blegh.

Got a phone call yesterday during the last 2 minutes of the church service... wife's uncle passed away. His daughter just buried her husband last week. Later, we got a call from my sister-in-law; her mom was going in for emergency surgery and they were afraid she wouldn't make it through. So, we spent all day in the hospital waiting room. My other brother and his wife felt it was their duty to spout off about the condition of the school district *I* and my wife work for. Apparently, we don't know anything about what's going on in the district, but they have *all* the answers. Anyway, she came through the surgery okay-ish, but her prognosis isn't good. It's only a matter of time.

Last night, I couldn't sleep. Sat up until nearly 2:00 AM drinking hot milk and honey and reading my Bible. Finally got sleepy enough to go back to bed, and then slept in 30 minute fits all night.

Get to work this morning, and first thing, there's a switch gone bad in the elementary lab. Nothing like starting your week out rolling around on the floor cursing a tangle of wires.

I'm just sort of in a melancholy place right now. I don't want to be at work. I've been shopping for a car, and I can't find anything that meets my criteria in my price range, nor do I know for sure exactly what I want to begin with.

Long story short: I'm a mess.

6. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Man I'll be praying things get better for ya.

If it makes you feel better I got woke up at 4am by one of my drivers complaining that another driver was picking on him lol the downside of working with men.c

7. ehcalum

ehcalum Active Member

So sorry to hear all this. If you need to vent, let me know and I'll turn my ears off so you spout whatever you want.

In other news: Welcome back QoB and I submitted my 2 weeks notice today to kick this job to the curb and move on to greener pastures.

8. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Well hello, folks. It's been quite a while.

9. micah1_8

Who is this stranger?
    ;)

10. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Some creep. You should probably call the cops.

11. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Wow! Thoughts and Prayers for you and yours.

12. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

My wife has been agonizing and torturing herself (and me) all weekend because she was getting evaluated today. (she's a teacher in New Jersey) They have a new system of evals, and everyone is running scared because the supervisors do not even know what to do.

Thankfully, she just reached out to me......She Killed it!
    Supervisor said "Best she has seen to date."
    we can breathe now, until the next one.

13. micah1_8

Brother's mother-in-law was doing well enough this morning to take her off life support. That's a start, I suppose.

14. Queen of Blades

Got my van washed this afternoon. Had to go to the carwash I don't care for so much . Was walking around the van when I got home to see how the carwash did. Not bad, but........discovered the wonderful crack in my windshield from driving to Florida for the cruise. :angry032:

Hope things start looking up soon, Micah!

Thanks!
    Hope your greener pastures aren't covered in cattle! :rofl: Cuz where there's cattle, there's .........:kngt:

Dom! I missed Dom. :(

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sorry to hear about your tooth, JoAnna. I hope you enjoyed your cruise, otherwise. :)

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

RUBY CAME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official welcome home post soon to come.

17. Queen of Blades

:happy036:

Stupid software only lets me like a post once. :angry017:

lradke likes this.
  18. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

HAPPY FATHER's DAY & MOTHER's DAY TO RUBY's MOMMY!!!!

lradke likes this.
  19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Mucheth sucketh...praying for you, friend

!!! DOM!!!

20. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Hang in there Micah. The bad stuff seems to come in waves sometimes. When I'm feeling that way, I try to think of all the good stuff that must be coming soon.

ohpaos likes this.