Gillette 7 o'clock green, yellow, black or blue?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gunslinger1108, Mar 6, 2013.

1. gunslinger1108

gunslinger1108 Active Member

I have tried the Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge blades and would like to ask what is everyone's opinion on the other 7 O'clocks.

I really like the sharp edge in my fat handle tech and my slim. Gives a nice close shave with very little irritation.

I also like the personna in a wrapper that says super platinum. They are great but Iam having trouble finding them.

Thanks.

2. GarGuy

GarGuy Well-Known Member

I like the blue packs, the only one I have tried. I have a pack of greens in my den, maybe I'll try one out tomorrow...

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

green vs. yellow = green for me. I haven't tried any of the others.

4. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

The Indian super plats and the permasharps are excellent

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've liked all the Gillette 7 O'clocks I've tried, but my two favorites would be the Yellows and Greens....:)

6. thekinge

thekinge Member

My favorites are the 7'O clock super stainless green packs & sharp edge yellow packs both from Russia. Both of them work extremely well in any of the razor I put them into. I'm from India but surprisingly the Indian 7'O clocks do not work for me and they end up giving me major irritation.

7. gunslinger1108

Checked west coast shaving they had super platinum in a blue and another in black with 2 extra blades. is the only difference between packs is one is from Russia and the other from India?

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hmmm, i have one package of the green and one of the yellow ones... I should give them a try.

Could i compare them with any other blades like Astra or Feather or Ladas?! ;)

9. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I haven't tried the greens, the yellows just killed me, probably due to poor technique on my part as I tried them early on, but the blacks were just great for me. On par with Astra SP, Pesonna labs and, now Polsilvers SI for me. Of course (I should add it to my sig) YMMV

10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I got terrible razor burn with the greens an yellows. The black was nice and the blues were excellent for me. But the only way to know is to try them all.

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

For me I like the Yellows the best. The blue and black were not that great...I ended up giving them all away to my brother. The green aren't too good for my face either.

Its really interesting to see what ones work best for what people....(just an observation)

178-bplatoon likes this.
  12. gms541

gms541 Member

I've had the blue and black. Both were sharp, but the blue felt so smooth that I had to be extra careful not to use any pressure. I used them in an R89 and a Slim Adjustable with the same results. I never tried the yellow and green, thugh.

13. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

The blacks then blue. That was easy.

14. azhawk0516

azhawk0516 New Member

The greens and blacks seem to work best for me.

15. King camp

People are just posting whether they like the greens or not but aren't specifying which greens the permasharp greens (India) or the super stainless (from PPI in Russia)

16. azhawk0516

azhawk0516 New Member

For me it is the super stainless greens, that work really well.

17. gunslinger1108

Let's see...

Green:
    permasharp (India)
    super stainless (Russia)

Yellow:
    Sharpedge (Russia)

Blue:
    Super platinum (Russia)

Black:
    Super platinum (India)

Am I forgetting one? Or am I wrong in anyone of them?

King camp likes this.
  18. King camp

Yes I believe that's all correct but if you get old stock blues there from czech are they not ?

19. gunslinger1108

So I found all but the blue pack super platinum. Does anyone have a source for these that are still in stock?

20. KORE

KORE New Member

The black blades are my favorite, they work awesome In my Aristocrat and Red Tip SS.