How's Your Day? - March 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 3, 2013.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

SWEET! Linux rocks.

sol92258 and lradke like this.
  2. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Blew out my neck this morning at the gym. Went too heavy and popped a disk. I've had a stiff neck all day. 2 visits to the chiropractor, and 2 percosets and I'm finally able to turn my head to the left. I was walking around all day like Little Steven Van Zant. Got a perfect shave this morning, painful as it was, it was the only good part of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be less painful.

3. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Awesome. I run a atrix hd and there's not much rom action for it due to the locked bootloader. But I'm on xda also as youngunn2008. I've built aosp for my old phone from source code on my Linux box. It's a fun hobby.

sol92258 likes this.
  4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It is.I unlocked my ATRIX a month after I got it and I love the different roms. That being said, the whole linux stuff I am learning the basics of is really interesting! I looked at some books today on the system and it looks really neat...I know nothing about programing but have always wanted to learn.

5. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

So you're saying this is an actual screenshot of your phone?
    That's pretty awesome!

6. lradke

Yeah it is. :D well its a screenshot of the lapdock screen (the lapdock is a hd dock my phone uses to turn it into a personal computer...I pretty much mount my phone on the back of a laptop looking device). When the lapdock was based on stock Motorola software, all you could really do was search the net (slowly) via Firefox. But since I installed an ubuntu product to replace it, it is pretty much a pc interface and I can now install programs to use instead of android apps. (You'll see the word software open in the pic) like I said...I don't fully understand it, but it was well worth the hours of hassle I put in researching code to get it installed and working! :D I guess the only limitations is the stuff you can do with the cd/dvd drive on a regular computer as my dock doesn't have that...but it has around 90% of the functionality of a regular computer now...pretty crazy when you think its all on a phone! I should mention that my lapdock screen is about a 12 inch screen..so its a decent size to work with.

7. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

!Beware the Ides of March!

ohpaos and jeraldgordon like this.
  8. ehcalum

ehcalum Active Member

Last day at my job before moving on to better opportunities!

9. richgem

It's a little known fact that Julius Caesar did NOT die from stab wounds by
    Brutus... but rather he was poisoned.

At the huge banquet on that fateful Ides of March, Brutus slipped some poisonous
    hemlock leaves onto Julius's salad. (This was the world's first Caesar's salad!)

When Julius slumped over into his salad, Brutus feigned concern and asked: "My
    dear friend Julius, how many hemlock leaves have you eaten?"

To which Julius gasped in reply: "Ate two, Brutus."

jeraldgordon, Heloguy and Erik Redd like this.
  10. ehcalum

ehcalum Active Member

The Pun thread is That-a-way.......

jeraldgordon and Queen of Blades like this.
  11. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Tired, apparently. Fell asleep much earlier than expected last night. Woke up at 3 AM for some reason and got a little work done before going back to sleep. Haha.

12. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Was trying to sleep...didn't turn out too well.
    Oh well, made it through Disc 1 of Season 2, Volume 1 of Duck Dynasty, so at least I was entertained :)

iambatman85 likes this.
  13. sol92258

Sweet!
    You know Ubuntu is actually working on an actual mobile phone OS? So is Firefox....not sure how that one will turn out, but I bet Ubuntu will be pretty cool

richgem and lradke like this.
  14. lradke

I spoke to a good friend of mine today on the phone. He is currently CFO of an oilfield company based in a small town outside of the city. I was asking him about a url for a website he started up, for what seemed to be a private practice in his name. Anyway, as it turns out, he is hoping to leave the business world and take over an existing accounting firm. If/when that happens he said he'd take me in to help him out, and that the 2 of us would run the practice. If it is to happen, it will happen untie next 2-3 months. I really hope it does, I work well with this friend as we have worked together in several committees at church,etc, and work together well. I also wouldn't be sad to see my old job to go, considering I loathe it.

MoAllen and richgem like this.
  15. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning and going to a job that you are not in love with. I am fortunate to LOVE my work.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Luke.
    Good luck!

lradke likes this.
  16. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

You know, if I have to sign a "letter of reasonable assurance" to tell my employer that barring any unusual circumstances, I plan on coming to work for the next year, they should have to provide me with "reasonable assurance" that I'll have work to come to.

I'm just saying.

Also, this: http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/3644896773.html

17. richgem

18. micah1_8

"If this van's a rockin... call the cops, because it's obviously been stolen!"

richgem likes this.
  19. sol92258

20. micah1_8

I feel ya man, I came across those a few days ago, and got all excited until I saw that it'll be 2014 before they're available... then it'll probably only be enough production for people who have already made a deposit.

By the time you or I will be able to get one, they'll be up to $12,000 or more, you mark my words.

But yeah, I'd go borrow the money right now if that thing was available, I'd even take one in pink if I had to.