Female Noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Merlee, Mar 25, 2013.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Greetings and welcome to the TSD family.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046:

3. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den Merlee! Amazing and with a straight, wow!

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

OK, I just did that leg-cross-cringe-thing that every guy knows. And, that's just from reading your post. But, um, congratulations and welcome.

5. jmckay0901

jmckay0901 Active Member

Wow.....Welcome!:eek:.....:git:

6. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD and to the striaght razor club! It took me a while to shave my whole face. I started out with just my cheeks and gradually added in more parts of my face. Sliced under my nose once when going left handed. I imaged the arm pits are a tough angle as someone else mention earlier. Are you using a new razor or a vintage?

As far as wiping the blade, I used to rinse it under the sink. After I nicked a brand new razor on the sink I decided to start wiping the blade instead. Usually wipe it on the towel I dried off with after my shower. Sometimes I just wipe it on my forearm but this morning I gave my wrist a nice ittle slice... That's no fun. I haven't noticed any blade dulling when using a towel.

ohpaos likes this.
  7. Merlee

Merlee New Member

I am fairly flexible and can almost get the contours of my pit into a flat surface. I am using a brand new bamboo handled dovo. I will keep an eye out for any dulling, but foresee less damage happening from a towel than from my dinky sink.

JRod22 and youngunn like this.
  8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

It's great to see someone so young be interested in traditional shaving. I mean I'm almost 30, I feel weird saying that though lol.

Merlee likes this.
  9. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I agree seeing younger people seeing the value in the hobby. Saving money?...Not so much too many AD's jumped up and bit me. If you can save money more power to ya. I just love new products.
    So much better for the skin. I have yet to get to the bottom of one of my soaps. I may need some help. LOL. I can say I had to give up asking SWMBO why she had so many different smelling lotions allover the place.:rofl:

youngunn and Merlee like this.
  10. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

I think that you have everybody amazed - well done!

Merlee likes this.
  11. Merlee

Merlee New Member

In recent years I have dissected every part of my life in hopes of finding true roots. I've made it fairly far, and have come out with some great hobbies, and even more adventures! Home-made is always best - pasta, yogurt, shaving cream.. you name it, it is better if you took part in making it! Now in this case, making it is not really my interest, but I think you get my drift. :D

youngunn likes this.
  12. youngunn

That's where my wife and I have gone as well, she bakes bread and cakes all from scratch, crochets and knits blankets, gloves, baby clothes, etc, gardens and grows own herbs and dries, you get the idea. We have been trying to live more like they did in the post war golden years.

13. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

WTG Merlee! What a feat. The pits and legs are commendable, but the brazilian I think is what has taken most of us with awe. So many un-flat and straight surfaces. Oh and btw, shouldn't this have been better said as the whole SHE-bang? lol Welcome to the Den.

14. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den Merlee, you can count me amazed as well. Hope all your future shaves are nick free as well.

15. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed that nobody has chimed in with the standard 'pics or it didn't happen'!

This must be the one occasion where that it really NOT appropriate on a shaving forum. :angelic007:

Merlee and youngunn like this.
  16. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

I miss muffs. Just sayin'.

17. Merlee

Merlee New Member

Agreed, many many un-flat surfaces but then again flexibility doesn't hurt. :O I may be one of the very few crazy enough to try it - and hopefully that's a good thing!

youngunn likes this.
  18. youngunn

So is the whole she bang a daily thing or... Just legs and pits? Just curious how that works heh:p

19. Merlee

Merlee New Member

I have the lucky norwegian unhairy gene. :D I might shave once a week!

Metro and youngunn like this.
  20. youngunn

Very lucky!