Everready brush

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by King camp, Feb 28, 2013.

1. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

So I got this a couple days ago and said I'd try to put a knot in it well I succeeded image.jpg this is what it looked like before image.jpg what I did was pull out the hair first with a pair of pliers image.jpg then I drilled the hole out and smashed the brush I got from bestshave with a hammer untill the knot fell out
    Filled the handle on the everready with plaster then with jb weld and stuck the knot in I think it worked out well

ohpaos, youngunn, feeltheburn and 5 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Good to see the hammer is still ppls go to tool. My moto is if it won't work smack it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work smash it with the hammer and go buy a new one. Unless of course there's a warranty lol

4. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

A wise man once said: if you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

alpla444, Hirsute, King camp and 5 others like this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I thought that knot looked familiar....I have a bunch of Vintage handles that I'd like to do just exactly that to with the #6 brushes I have....:) I have two done with modern resin handles but they were made by a friend for me...
    Your going to enjoy that brush.....:)

King camp and ohpaos like this.
  6. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

Yes I like it it was hollow but I filled it to add some heft it works good next time ill try a more expensive type hair though

7. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Nice work. I love the look of those F40 Everyreadys, I hope to find one eventually.

8. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Nice! I didn't know that a knot could be transplanted. The Everready looks great with the new 'do :)

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sure, why knot? :)

burnout961 and Larry Stephenson like this.