Clockwise or Counterclockwise.....Lather your way.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Joey Pellegrino, Apr 1, 2013.

?

Which way do you lather?

1. Clockwise

75.0%
  2. Counterclockwise

25.0%
  1. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I do both equally, along with pumping the brush up and down.

2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

But south of the equator going clockwise is actually going counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere. But if you're in the Southern Hemisphere it's actually clockwise because your south which would be left and therefore to the right!

3. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I lather both clockwise and counterclockwise. I'll spin it one way a few times and hit reverse and go the other direction. I'll also mash the brush down into the soap after 30 seconds or so after I drip a little water in it to get it to the right consistancy.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

A little of "everything" huh....:)

ohpaos likes this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

6. Joey Pellegrino

Joey Pellegrino Active Member

I lather whatever way I can really. I need a new brush, the one I got is all floppy and gross. I just ordered a tweezerman. I heard good things.

7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Touché :p

8. Wullie

Wullie Member

I always lather in the same direction as the water swirls in the Ter-LET. Afraid if I swirl it the wrong way, it might cause a rift in the time space continuum or something....

It helps to wear a proper hat whilst stropping too.
    [​IMG]

178-bplatoon and Weeper Warrior like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It depends if I use my left hand or right hand, and which direction I'm facing.

10. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I'm a lefty so I go counter-clockwise. Usually go a few clockwise then right back to CC. Even when I face lather I go CC. I never really thought about it until now.

11. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Was my first Badger. It's a good intro brush. Kinda scritchy, but I like that. It holds a ton of lather. I liked it, and am giving it to my son since my good pal JRod PIF'd me a WD Silver Tip and my other good pal Mike PIF'd me an Omega Boar.

BTW, I go clockwise, counter clockwise, side to side, etc too.

12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Clockwise if using a badger brush, counter-clockwise if using boar. Otherwise the lather is runny and the bubbles lack finesse.

Erik Redd likes this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I'm am righty so 75% clockwise, 25% counterclockwise so there is some semblance of balance.

14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

What if you use a mixed badger-boar brush?

Joey Pellegrino likes this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Loading the brush from the puck, then taking it to the bowl, it's a combo of cw/ccw/twist.
    On the face I start with cw swirls then finish up with painting strokes to smooth the lather out and make sure I have good coverage.
    And, since you asked, I'm a righty.

Joey Pellegrino likes this.