How's Your Day? - April 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Neolithium, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Last day of leave for me then off to the bush for a few months :(

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Still no parental leave payments for me...been 3 weeks now since I applied. From what I can tell my work hasn't submitted my ROE. I hope for them that thy aren't screwing with me again...im already taking them to the corporate ethics committee down in Houston. >:(

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Take care, matey! Please come back in one piece!
    Which razor(s) and soap are you gonna take with you?

4. lradke

I'm gonna do it! I'm taking the jump...here's hoping (and I'm not quiting my day job yet)...

(STay tuned...I'll be updating you, I just decided to take a chance on someting that will work)

Heloguy, NoobShaver and Tjebbe like this.
  5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

DE89 + iKon Handle, Simpson Wee Scot, TOBS Eton College and random blades. I'll take the Nivea aftershave as well since it goes good with my Braun; which I may keep using just to give it the full few weeks test.

ohpaos and macaronus like this.
  6. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Stay safe out there my friend.

ohpaos likes this.
  7. Joey Pellegrino

Joey Pellegrino Active Member

Mine was stressful. My job is only giving me one day a week and I have applied to every job known to man. No one is hiring.

8. lradke

You need to move to alberta...not even joking!

Well I have purchased domain names, set up my Etsy store, facebook page, twitter account, Wordpress blog, all in preparation of the online venture that I am finally undertaking!! It has been about a year and a half in planning, and I decided to bite the bullet! When I get some capital to invest, I will make an official open for business post! Stay tuned!!!

9. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Best of luck, Luke. The girlfriend and I are working on what sounds like a similar venture as well.

Ran up and down the Harvard Stadium stairs for a bit this evening with a friend. What a windy day today!

macaronus and lradke like this.
  10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Isn't it cold in Alberta though? Why are there never any good jobs open in Hawaii, or Tahiti?

11. lradke

Not too cold unless your in Red Deer or north. Calgary and southern Alberta has the chinooks in the winter. ;)

12. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Keep at it, persevere and you'll get something :)

13. lradke

I watched The Godfather with my wife last night. It was the first time I have seen it. I LOVED IT!!! (So did she)

I'm planning on renting the other two now. I don't know if they can top the first...but I can't stop now.

macaronus likes this.
  14. Heloguy

IMHO part 2 is much better than 1. part 3 is a disgrace to the brand. It wouldve been a great movie on its own, but not worthy of part 3 of the Godfather.
    If you really want to watch a great epic movie, watch the Godfather, in chronological order. you should be able to rent it. or buy it. That version has a few extra scenes in it. it makes a little more sense.
    "Leave the gun, grab the cannoli."

Erik Redd likes this.
  15. lradke

I remember my dad mentioning that one of the parts wasnt too good. It must have been the 3rd.

16. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I can't help but think of this:

In an unrelated note:
    I sincerely wish someone would make something like ninite for android.

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

have you tried "android assistant"?

18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, the third was pretty lame. I have to agree with Heloguy.

19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

ummm....play store?

20. Heloguy

I'm sure everything will work out for you Luke. Keep us updated.