DE Blade width

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bittermormon, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I am making a new blade bank at work today out of an altiods tin. I'm just going to cut a slot in the side and glue the lid shut except...I forgot to measure how wide to make the slot. Can any of you fine folks (or even one of the jerks ;)) measure how wide a DE blade is so I can get this done?

Thanks

alpla444 likes this.
  2. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

3. bittermormon

Thank you.

4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

You're very welcome. Hope you'll show us your creation!

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

6. bittermormon

Nothing fancy, but here's what I came up with. a 1" slit cut in the side with the top glued down with a dab of JB Weld.

BTW I hope the joke in the first post came across ok. Nobody here has been a jerk. This is one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of.

IMG_20130408_124426.jpg

ohpaos and Heloguy like this.
  7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

No worries! We got da joke :) I was on my phone or I'd have written more w/ my pic, which I think was from tedpella....Those Altoid tins are curiously useful! I like that you made your bank a Blade "Safe" by sealing it. :happy088:

8. bittermormon

With curious little kids you can never be too careful.

LGh and ohpaos like this.
  9. LGh

LGh New Member

Great idea! I too have kids with a healthy dose of curiosity, and my wife brought home some Altoids from the US a little while ago. See? The stars are aligning for me to make one too. :)

Now let's just hope my kids actually do believe me when I say there are bad things in the candy tin... :-o

youngunn likes this.