best brush for $20.00

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by razorburn, Apr 16, 2013.

1. razorburn

razorburn New Member

what's the best brush for 20.00??,,, used for superlathering....thk u...

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I would grab an Omega boar that appealed to you in that range.

Erik Redd likes this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:signs011:
    My $9.00 Omega 49 is a lather monster as long as it's loaded with plenty of cream or soap.

4. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I use a #6 Horse hair from bestshave and it makes me enough lather for 4+ passes. Only two possible problems are bestshaves QC is kinda spotty and you'd need to spend ALOT less than $20.....:)

7. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

The Italian Barber Special Edition Semogue boar. It has The same grade of bristle as Semogue's SOC brushes.

8. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

+1 to that. I love mine. Another option is whipped dog. I think its a few dollars more than $20 but you can get a silvertip and they're excellent.

9. bigmac53

bigmac53 Well-Known Member

I just bought a brand new Semogue 1305, and I gotta say, I can't imagine anything coming close to beating it at that price point!

tuxxdk likes this.
  10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Another vote for Semogue here. Got the 1520 - excellent brush for low price.

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yanno, for about $5.00 more, you could re-knot a vintage / existing handle with a TGN Finest Badger Knot or for a little less, the TGN Synthetic Knot. Both are nice IMHO.

12. razorburn

razorburn New Member

thks for the replys, i ended up buying 2 brush's to try, the omega 10029,, and the italian barber special edition!!!..

13. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

oops, I'm late. I would have told you an Omega 81230. I have one and it's great and it's only around 15 bucks.

14. razorburn

razorburn New Member

Im addicted to shaving soap, cream, brush's, aftershave, DE, Razor's...and B&BW..<<.I bought 6 tubes of the c.o bigelow tonight..buy 2 get 1 free..got 3 free tubes,, i cant stop buying...HEELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

JRod22 likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You're beyond help. It's too late.

16. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

17. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Yup, you're doin' it right! Welcome to level 2 of traditional wet shaving. :happy088:

18. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I've contacted the feds to see if they'll help with a treatment program and fund a halfway house for those who make it that far....maybe some kind of methadone.......

19. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

20. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member