Where Can I Find A CJB Kamisori Straight?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by North Coast Viking, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Okay, guys & gals; I've seen the CJB straight pictured here and other websites/forums, so I know they exist, but none seem to say, "For Sale"... I missed one on the 'Bay a few days ago while my internet provider was suffering a rash of fiber-optic cable-cuts by a despicable troll--grrr!

Does anyone know how to latch onto one of these things? I'm thinking a Feather fixed-handle str8 may be in my future, but I'd like to test-drive one of these look-alike types first before plunking down the fist-full of $$ for the real-deal item. Help, anyone? Thanx! NCV

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Your best bet is a WTB on the Badger and Blade Forum. If you snag two, remember me. :) There are only a couple of members here who have one, most who do bought them from one of the members on B&B. The link to the website is somewhere around, but the company that makes them doesn't ship to the U.S. (at least they didn't last year when I was looking into it).

3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

There's a half dozen listed on the 'bay, well 5 now. Listed as NIB. I have nothing to do with the auction, just remember someone here was interested.

4. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I see them on ebay all the time.. I bought mine from a member of another forum who bought a few. Once I got it, it was quickly replaced by a Feather Dx. The CJB is a great way to try the non-folding razor and Feather system. For me, it was cheap confirmation that I liked it, so I went for the next step.

5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

6. cj.

cj. New Member

Im in seoul and happy to help and members looking to buy ....the feather blades are around 8 bucks

stingraysrock likes this.
  7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

There is a guy on ebay selling Sam Seong and CJB handles. I've had both, but sold my CJB early on. The Sam Seong has a slide on top that makes injecting and ejecting blades easy and safe. Also, a guy on badgerandblade has some folding and non-folding CJG handles for sale. The folding ones have some cosmetic flaws. He also sells Dorco blades that are like the Feather and Kai blades. He throws in a pack for $5 when you buy a CJB. He's shipping from Korea until he returns to New York at the beginning of June. I ordered some blades and got them in 10 days from Korea. Andy Gutierrez is the seller's name. Good customer service.
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...JB-handles-Dorco-blades-WTB-Chopper-straights!

gssixgun likes this.
  8. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Did anyone try these ???

I was going to snag one up and check it out for fun

Any input is much appreciated

TIA

9. Silverirae

Silverirae Active Member

I have a Sam Seong which is similar. They are fun, easy to use. Remember to use a shallow angle. Purosdave on the bay has them.

10. lindyhopper66

I have a CJB, Sam Seong and Kai shavette. The CJB is the least expensive and works very well. I tend to cut myself more with shavettes than with my straights, but you can get a close shave very quickly.

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What are the preferred blades for these? The Dorco or the Feather?

12. Silverirae

Silverirae Active Member

I use both the Kai titan mild and the feather pro. I get better shaves from the feayhers.

13. richgem

Thx.

14. lindyhopper66

The Dorcos are awful, just awful. I have 2 types of Kai and 3 types of Feather. Feather Professional and Feather Super are by far the best blades for me.

Silverirae and richgem like this.
  15. richgem

Given their DE blades, I expected nothing less of the dorco blades. Tho they do make good cart razors.