ASB?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by razorburn, Apr 28, 2013.

1. razorburn

razorburn New Member

What's your go to aftershave balm today?,, what's your fav? and why?

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I use Nivea sensitive postshave balm...It seems to work well for me, doesn't leave my face feeling oily, it's not too expensive and it's available locally...:)

3. razorburn

razorburn New Member

thks for the reply 178, thats what im looking for, im a aftershave guy, but i want a balm that's not oily like u said, but i want a nice moisture and smooth skin, i feel osage AS or bayrum AS dry's my face out, i will try nivea i see alot of gent's on here use it..

4. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I have used Nivia replenishing balm and Axe Chilled aftershave gel. I have found them to both work just fine. My skin isn't particularly sensative though. I love Clubman but it dries out my skin quite a bit. A little balm or gel after the club, and my face feels and smells excellent.

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

What I generally do is apply the Nivea to my wet/damp face right after I rinse the soap off, then just let it air dry some while I police up the vanity,then appy my aftershave of choice...This has worked well for me, I have oily skin and so can't use anything that leaves a residue...
    I use the Nivea sensitive postshave balm,but I don't know that there is any real difference between it and the regular Nivea postshave balm....

[Edit] BEWARE the Nivea pours out VERY rapidly/easily and a very little goes a LONG way..

Ichabod Crayne and stingraysrock like this.
  6. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i've been happily using razorock wax lately and its nice stuff. tea tree is one of the ingredients

7. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Tried a few and Nivea is the best for me. Inexpensive too.

BigT likes this.
  8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Nivea Sensitive here also. Cheap when on sale (which it is often) and gives me by far the best protection I've experienced. Those two values combined makes it my daily asb.

9. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I tried a sample of Art of Shaving balm a while back and really liked it. Can't bring myself to pay as much as they want for it though. Nivea pretty good and about 1/10 the price.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  10. I too use Nivea as it is widely recomended here..
    I like the initial wake up followed by a long lasting cooling effect, the price is good and it's available locally.

BigT likes this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I used Nivea a couple of times. It's pretty good stuff, it's hard to go wrong with that.

crackstar and BigT like this.
  12. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

I usually do it use after shaves at all, but I have tried a few. AoS and eShave have some nice A/S balms, Nivea Cool Kick Arctic Freeze Gel works fairly well and does an excellent job of softening the skin (although I dislike its scent). After shaves don't work well for me in general, they tend to break me out, but every once in a while it's nice to use a soothing A/S to help keep my skin smooth.

13. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I'm more of a alcoholic splash fan :)
    I've tried a few ASB's some of them burned like hell, and not a short "pleasant" burn AS gives me but a lingering burning sensation, not very pleasant. But I got me some Gillette cooling stuff, don't remember the exact name :), and that's great. Gives a nice cooling feeling and leaves my face nice and smooth :)

crackstar likes this.
  14. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I've tried several but always go back to Nivea.

Ichabod Crayne likes this.
  15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Splashes are more my style too. I get very few breakouts with a splash. Plus, Barbon is too good not to use.

Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I am more of a splash man myself but my favorite balm I have is Soap Commander.

TheDude82 likes this.
  17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Definitely nivea aftershave balm! =) both the original and the sensitive are great

Slow Joe likes this.
  18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Barbon is awesome!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I recommend Stirling asb, I have three in my rotation.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. jmr986

jmr986 New Member

Been DE shaving for around 5 months, and still have one razor and one brush. But have ASAD so a few full tubes and a bunch of AS splash samples. I always keep going back to Pre de Provence. Smells great and feels really good on the skin. I usually shave at night and my face feels great in the morning. If I had to pick another it would be Speick. I find it a bit more greasy than PdP but not off-putting by any means and would recommend giving that a try.