Dorco blades .....OUCH!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by KronaKid, May 29, 2013.

1. KronaKid

KronaKid Member

I had one of the st-301 laying around and after reading so many mixed reviews i want to give them a shot. Bad move to me anyways i used my schick krona a mild easy going razor that i love and this blade tugged and pulled on the first pass to the last pass. No cuts or nick witch-hazel and after shave burnt like no tomorrow. but this devil blade did clean up my face good just not for me with all the tugging and pulling. oh and i have a very light bread do to the fact my facial hair hasn't complete grown in yet. so for me to say any blade tugs and pulls is surprising heck that is honestly the first blade i completely hate. Thank you for reading and Have a good one.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I never liked the Dorco 300. I have had good shaves with the 301ST though.

DLreno likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Same here.
    KronaKid, if that's the only 301ST you've tried, it may have been a bum blade.

KronaKid and stingraysrock like this.
  4. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I used a Dorco 300 once........once! It tore my face up something awful. It was like slicing prosciutto. My wife made me buy stocks in Band-Aids. LOL!

5. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

I agree with the OP, and I didn't just try one of them. I probably went through at least 5 or 6 before I decided they were all the same.

The Dorco is the worst DE blade I've ever tried.

6. white_feather

white_feather Active Member

I threw my Dorcos out after one shave. Horrible.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I can actually use the Dorco, I just don't particularly care for them..I have no love for Feather either..."BUT" it's the "DERBY" I hate...If I could only shave with a Derby blade, I'd honestly quit shaving and grow a beard...:) Have you tried a Derby yet KronaKid?

tuxxdk likes this.
  8. KronaKid

KronaKid Member

derby i have tried and honestly never again only razor every to irritate my face.

9. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

I am a Dorco fan. I really like the 301s and I'm OK with the 300s, I guess I just like being contradictory...except when it comes to Derby, as far as those things are concerned I am with the majority opinion that the current production of Derby blades are evil.

10. swarden43

The 300 or the 301? They are certainly not the same blade.

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have an unopened Dorco 300 pack. Having read this thread I assume it'll stay that way :)

Raven312 likes this.
  12. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

swarden43, the one I tried was the 301, and I still hated it. Can't imagine how bad the 300 must be.

13. RHood

RHood Well-Known Member

"YMMV" surely comes into play with the much maligned Dorco blades. I actually like both the 300 and 301 with a preference for the latter.

14. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

The 301 used to be my "value" blade, and served me well in the Fatboy, Slim, and Red Tip. Not so much in the New or Slant though, which I use more now. Sharper "higher-end" blades seem to work better for me in those razors.

15. swarden43

Then you don't wanna know! :happy102:

16. cj.

cj. New Member

i like the st300 .went through about 20 of them ..no problems