Arko Shave Stick Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ChrisC1977, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I just tried the Arko Shave Stick. I personally love the scent! Lather was decent. Could be better, but I think this will improve the more I play around with it. Left my face feeling very soft and smooth. I think next time, a few more spins on the brush when I load it. It didn't take much at all.

As far as the scent, I think it smells of lavender. Very clean and fresh. A good soap so far.

RaZorBurn123, BigT, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I rather like Arko myself..Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes the scent....:)..Do you store it in a pill bottle? The medium size bottles work just great! I got my bottle from an Independent drugstore "free" just for the asking...:)

crackstar and srpavko like this.
  3. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

I have no problems with Arko. Scent, performance or otherwise!

178-bplatoon and BigT like this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Well all this Arko talk, is like talking about eating a hamburger or fresh biscuits,yummmm! Looks like it'll be Arko this morning....:)

BigT and crackstar like this.
  5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I just love Arko. If it wasnt for the smell (personally I love it, but SWMBO hates it) it would be my daily driver. Fantastic lather!

crackstar likes this.
  6. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I have a 3 inch or so diameter glass dish that I put pucks in. It is not made for that, but that is what I use it for. Anyway, I just forced it in the shape of the container. Then swirl away! :)

Christopher Powell likes this.
  7. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Active Member

Where do you all buy it to get the best price?

8. tuxxdk

It depends on where in the world you reside I guess.

I get it from eBay the cheapest way.

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I wet my whiskers for...maybe 2 min. solid hot water rinsing....then hold the unwrapped end of the stick under the hot running water for a few seconds and then vigorously rub the soft wet stick ATG in tight circular motions....
    re-wet and do again...until every whisker seems to have a little ball of soap clinging to it......Sometimes I'm rubbing that stick against my whiskers for a minute or two....

Then I take a wet brush...shake a couple times to get rid of excess water and hit my face scrubbing....The lather always flat explodes....I'm looking like a 'Mad-Dog' or have a heavy Santa thing happening in seconds....if lather is a little too thick in places I'll run the water and just touch the tip of the lather rich brush to the sink where the water is hitting...then hit those too thick lather areas swirling.....Not only is my beard thoroughly hydrated and lathered, but my brush is engorged with enough lather for as many passes as I need.....If not...I might squirt a 1/2 inch of Arko SC directly into the center of my lather rich brush and hit my face swirling for a Uber-lather pass...

I would say this method is fool-proof but YMMV....

Try and let me know what you think....;)

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Michelangelo

Will do! I have an Arko shave stick on the way!

11. Michelangelo

By the way, does anyone have experience in using Arko not face lathering? If so, does it seem to work as well? I'd probably like to grate it down for palm or bowl lathering.

12. tuxxdk

I've never face lathered - don't like the concept.

Arko works perfect in a bowl.

178-bplatoon and Michelangelo like this.
  13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I cannot be without an Arko stick. I love it that much. It lathers and performs better than some very expensive soaps I was ripped off by.

tuxxdk likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I grate all my sticks and pack 'em into bowls. I don't like sticks or face lathering.

178-bplatoon, Michelangelo and tuxxdk like this.
  15. tuxxdk

Indeed! Arko is actually the reason I chase cheap drugstore soaps and creams now. I've realized there's so much good and darn cheap I'm done with expensive stuff.

178-bplatoon and crackstar like this.
  16. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I grate it and put it in a mug. Love it! It's so soft you can actually just cut it in pieces and smash it in a bowl.

Michelangelo likes this.
  17. Michelangelo

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

tuxxdk likes this.
  18. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i solely bowl lather too....i prefer it.

i tried face lathering and it seems the soap went all over the place.

19. okiwen

okiwen Member

Arko is my travel soap because I put it into a twist up tube. Great lather production. Great value. Better than most expensive soaps. I still have some for the variety, but keep the Arko in the Dopp.

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just noticed that I have 3 new Arko sticks - yayyyyyyyy! :happy108:

tuxxdk likes this.