Dynamic Duos or Terrific Twosomes?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ins0ma, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

I think I've found a new way to feed my Acquisition Disorder: using matched sets of product.

After using Speick cream for a while and loving it, I've decided to give in to the Disorder and purchase some of the after shave (AS) to go with it. Although it hasn't arrived yet, as I toy with the idea of using the Speick AS after using other, non-Speick creams, I find myself increasingly drawn to the idea of using it in a near-exclusive relationship with it's brand-mate, the tubed cream. Am I the only one for whom this kind of thing has a certain satisfying sense of consistency? Have I been brainwashed by clever marketing departments into thinking there's some advantage to using an entire product line in sequence? Or is it related to me being a Virgo and wanting things to be "orderly?" No one will ever really know (or care!) what it means at the end of the day, but in the meantime:

Who has favorite combos? I've seen a member post about using Castle Forbes Lavender cream with the matching AS (the combo at the top of my list after I get the Speick ball rolling), and I'm curious about some of the Big T's that have, for example, both Sandalwood cream and AS available. Is there a brand that's particularly good at Coconut, that has an equally good AS in the same scent/product line? Are some people hooked on using color-coded Proraso products in concert? Do certain types lust after the menage of, say, TOBS Jermyn Street cream/AS/cologne? Has anyone gone "full retard" and gone for matching shampoos and bath soaps in an all-out orgy of brand-loyalty? Or do some brands just really nail a certain scent or skin-care characteristic that justifies doubling down on their goods?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Speick on Speick is a great combo, I use their bath soap too. When I order TSD stuff we usually throw in the matching AS or cologne. The Poraso lighis cream aftershave is a nice way to round out a Poraso shave. We also have a bunch of Arko creams and their scent matched ASB.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have 50 some-odd soaps. I couldn't afford to try and match 'em all!

4. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I do this. TOBS, Proraso, Old Spice (lining up the OS soap is getting expensive). It's kinda OCD so I make an effort to use soaps with no accessories and indulge more aftershaves. :D