The Haul; June 2013

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Queen of Blades, Jun 4, 2013.

1. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

Couldn't help myself. Saw this on ebay and jumped on it. I did want to wait and get one with instructions too but this one seemed like a bargain. We'll see when it gets here the true condition. Wish me luck.

GilletteExecutiveAdjustable.JPG

Asd, Raven312, dcc and 7 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have shaved with this blade before and agree that it is a nice blade. I need to buy a few hundred myself!

alpla444 likes this.
  3. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Finally bought some Mikes. What a scent!!! I have used the Bay Rum that I think michael54 sent me and loved it but this scent intrigued me. I was not let down!

20130621_224150 (800x600).jpg

Asd, Raven312, dcc and 4 others like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hit the flea market and left with these two razors; $5 for the pair. These will be PIF'ed when I feel the time is right.
    Late '40s SS (has the notches) and '54 Ball End Tech.
    The water spots on the SS aren't really as bad as they look. Very smooth TTO. The Tech shined up real nice.

P1010524 (Medium).JPG P1010523 (Medium).JPG

PanChango, Asd, Raven312 and 7 others like this.
  5. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371943269.253359.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371943282.638874.jpg

My Schick NOS G1 Injector arrived! Still has the blade blank, I can't wait to start shaving with it tomorrow :)

PanChango, Asd, Raven312 and 7 others like this.
  6. srpavko

Very interesting lot I won. Bought it for the Ranger Tech, but had fun trying to ID the gold one, which I thought was an old type. Turned out to be a modified Goodwill, drilled out to fit an old type cap. The Vest Pocket Clone is pretty cool. I hoped it was the real deal but deep down I knew it wasn't. Th etech with what looks to be a GEM/ER/STAR handle is also puzzling. It is a female threaded handle, all the GEM handles I have or have seen are male. It is clearly, at least to me, not a stock tech handle. The head is dated W-1.

Here's a shot of them cruddy and a few after some polishing and love. I'm really happy with the Ranger Tech. Turned out to be quite crispy!

20130622_144642 (800x600).jpg 20130622_163452 (800x600).jpg

20130622_163706 (800x600).jpg 20130622_212226 (800x600) (2).jpg
    20130622_212226 (800x600) (2).jpg 20130622_212250 (800x600).jpg
    20130622_212338 (800x600).jpg

Erik Redd, Asd, Ryan B and 4 others like this.
  7. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

That's a STAR DE razor, They have SE style handles. Great Haul!

8. srpavko

No it is a Gillette tech head for sure. Frankenrazor no doubt about it. But you are right it is a star DE handle. Thanks for the lead! I forgot all about STAR DE's.

Thanks!!

Next is to ID the 4 piece. No markings whatsoever.

9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Belated Father's day presents:

First: a drawing:
    minion shaving.jpg

Second:

Brave Soldier shaving cream & after shave. Does anyone have any experience with these? I know I will tomorrow!
    The haul 2013-06-23.jpg

ohpaos, Asd, Raven312 and 10 others like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Cool pic, Mike! However, you have yet to attempt to explain the French Maid outfit. :innocent
    (see How's your Day)

As for the goods, I used both of them many years ago. As I remember, I didn't like the code blue (but then again, I don't like menthol). The SC was good, but I thought, overpriced. I used it up and didn't buy more. But, take that all with a grain of salt as this was back in my M3 days before I knew what good products (and a good shave) were.

macaronus likes this.
  11. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

Awesome gift! I think you've got a budding artist on your hands, great use of shading and perspective!

ohpaos and macaronus like this.
  12. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

My girlfriend was @ the dollar store or some such establishment and came home with this. It said it was to hold toothbrushes, but she figured it would hold razors just as well. It even matches the porcelain tap handles, coat hooks and TP holder in our boudoir. My Slant and her Blue Lady had been laying on the counter. I pulled the toggle out of the drawer to fill the third spot. She has converted to using the Lady Gillette only, and has been using whatever soap I leave on the counter. She hasn't developed a favorite yet. I do notice she is shaving more frequently too.
    [​IMG]

Raven312, alpla444, ins0ma and 4 others like this.
  13. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

June's haul is complete, I guess (or hope?? :D )

Bestshave #6 horse brush. I needed to try this cheap brush. Seems fine crafted, alas the handle is too narrow to fit my stand. It drops right through :-/
    Acacia wooden bowl. I have a bowl decease, especially wooden ones - anything cheap and nice I have to own. Jeez...
    Aqua Velva after shave. Still in the mail, part of a trade from a fellow member. We traded the EU and US version of the Williams Ice Blue.
    VDH Select shaving soap. Super surprise from same member! Can't wait to try it, kinda like the smell.
    Williams mug shaving soap. Also an extra from same member. REALLY looking forward to try this old classic. Smell's fine I think.
    Wilkinson Sword blade pack. Also an extra from same member. I can't believe the kindness. This is truly a positive trade.
    Ajanta 100g alum blocks, 3 pcs. on discount. Use it both for shaving and as deodorant.
    Perma Sharp Super sample blades from Bestshave. Free gift.
    Arko classic cream, not shaving cream but moisturizing cream for blemishes, dry skin, cuts etc.

Asd, Raven312, ins0ma and 3 others like this.
  14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Man, where do I start? I got home from my 14 hour drive from TX a few hours ago and found the following items...

A Weber Bulldog handle that I ordered for my brother from another mother dcc.

My order from Ginger's Garden- a puck of Menthol Snow and a puck of Lavender.

A PIF I won on Memorial Day from B&B- a partial Lea stick, a sample of Razorock AS Wax, a sample of QCS Vostok ASB, a ton of Rapira blades and Personna Lab blades (my favorite blades.)

A short handled Black Beauty that I bought late last week. I ended up giving that to my dad as a late Father's Day present. He was pretty thrilled and happy that I gave it to him. He has a Slim and loves it. He is going to take that down to Florida and leave it at the condo so he doesn't have to go through the hassle of bringing a razor every time he goes down there. That's fine, because I will get some miles put on it since I'll be there too!

Raven312, ins0ma, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  15. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

The better part of a month on the road, I might need a shave stick or (3)...And some samples.

Haul130625.jpg

Asd, Ryan B, macaronus and 6 others like this.
  16. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

Impulse buy while grocery shopping:
    [​IMG]

One of the great things about "wet shaving" as a hobby is how cheaply you can indulge in new acquisitions. Not a single one of my other consumer interests (coffee, cars, leather jackets, watches, etc.) allows me to satisfy my AD for under $10.

Asd, Ryan B, Hanzo and 4 others like this.
  17. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

Yesterday's arrival:
    uploadfromtaptalk1372227562068.jpg
    80 vintage Max Herder Elite blades, it's an old dutch company.

I had to try one of them this morning, nice shave!
    I used it in my Slim @ 5

Asd, jabberwock, Ryan B and 4 others like this.
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've got those as well, Tjebbe. And I agree, they give nice shaves. :eatdrink047:
    Got 'em from Marktplaats

Tjebbe likes this.
  19. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I was wrong... One more, cheap, haul :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372428301.658669.jpg

Just under 10$.

feeltheburn, Ryan B and Raven312 like this.
  20. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Peterson

Advertised
    pipe.jpg

Delivered
    DSCN2031.jpg
    So far, I'm liking "da' new guy' a lot.
    DSCN2026.jpg

alpla444, feeltheburn, Ryan B and 2 others like this.