How's Your Day? July 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by micah1_8, Jul 1, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You forgot tornadoes, unless you consider those "minor."

ohpaos and sol92258 like this.
  2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Once you get used to 'em.....

3. swarden43

I've been through one micro-burst - that was enough.

4. sol92258

[​IMG]

ohpaos likes this.
  5. sol92258

Actually, we're right here in a, shall we say, "unique" spot. We get plenty of tornado threats, and severe thunderstorms to go with it, but mysteriously, about 90% of them break and go around us. Can be a solid "red" on the radar bearing straight at us, and about 30 miles out, they'll tend to break and go around us, like it would rather take the two interstates around us. Not to say we don't get a fair share of severe weather, but much of the time it goes around this little neck of the woods.

I've been through quite a few "tornadic events", mostly micro-bursts, but one for sure tornado - and still haven't seen one. Been kinda blessed in that regard, I reckon.

ohpaos likes this.
  6. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

In the Air Force? (Hope not! I just saw a program about flying & microbursts. :eek:)

7. swarden43

Well, I was in the AF at the time. Stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ. Pushed a few of the planes around (our big cargo planes, the C141) like they were toys. Fortunately no major damage to them.

The base had a trailer park at the time, and we were in one of 'em. I knew the weather was bad so I opened a few windows to equalize the pressure. We grabbed a mattress off one of the beds and hunkered down in the hallway. We were spared by the grace of God, but a few trailers were pushed off their foundation. The trailer in front of us was sealed up and ready to sell; no one in it. It literally imploded.

ohpaos likes this.
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Well, you know my theory on that. I think it has to do with the highways super-heating the air above them or something. Of course, IANAM.

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well there's the problem, Steve.... tornadoes always home in on the nearest trailer park.

ohpaos and sol92258 like this.
  10. swarden43

Yup. Sure do!

11. sol92258

Yeup, either that, and/or the wide swath of clearing and smooth even terrain of the highways creating a small-scale jet stream for the storms to take....speed limits of 75 MPH probably help encourage them, too :happy097:

I did chat with one of the meteorologists online last year during one of the major storms, he thinks there's something with the layout of the land....I like the highway thing better, though :D

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I like it.
    Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters.

ohpaos likes this.
  13. Star

Star Active Member

Little better today. Much less of a bad aura floating about...no doubt because we're off tomorrow.

14. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Um, Jim, Christmas is still six months off... :think002:

Acknowledgment from management? He's delusional! :rofl:

Which after taxes is what? 60 cents? :p

A pro-beard post on a shaving site? You feeling okay there buddy?

15. sol92258

true...ish

Hey, there's other areas to shave, too....

ohpaos likes this.
  16. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

:eek:

17. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

18. richgem

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Got to shoot with my buddy Lisa and shot my first 50 straight in skeet with a .410. Enjoyed some coldstone ice cream and got Miss Spike a new collar and some treats to celebrate her 12th birthday. Not a bad day so far.

spike12.jpg

ohpaos likes this.
  20. richgem

She looks great for 84. :D

ohpaos and PanChango like this.