Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Menthol monday

Quickie shave, almost late for work, but I managed with only one slightly rough patch.

Prep: Nivea for Men Sensitive face wash
    Brush: Bestshave #6 horsie
    Weapon: Mühle R89 / Super Max Platinum (1)
    Lather: Proraso green menthol cream in Ikea bamboo bowl.
    Shave: Traditional 3 passes.
    Post: Cold water, finished off with US import Aqua Velva Classic.

Man I love the splash, but I'm still luke about the menthol cream. I don't think I'll ever love it. Performance wise it's nice though. But the cold sensation from the cold water... Meh I dunno. But for the sake of the theme I love the combo :)

Llyr, PanChango and Asd like this.
  2. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

All-TSD Menthol set up
    TSD PSB+ M-Bomb
    TSD signature razor
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Ceramic bowl
    TSD ISZ soap+ M-Bomb
    Cold water splash, Ice cube
    TSD English Fern ASM
    M-Bomb "balm"
    Somehow wedge seems to shave very different, but I like how it goes. I think I can refine the edge next weekend.

Llyr and PanChango like this.
  3. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

SotN
    7/1/2013
    Menthol Monday!!

FatBoy w/Wilkinson Sword on 9
    Palmolive Menthol
    Vie Long 50/50
    Barbon!!

Nice Chilly Shave!

20130701_233535 (800x600).jpg

Asd and Llyr like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sk16_9.jpg 40-321-large.jpg diana_balsam.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg Menthol Monday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Lea Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EDT

Hey, I have to freeze my face off somehow and believe me, this is a great way to do it. The L'Oreal facial wash is definitely more cooling than the Axe Chilled and it gives better skincare as well. The Lea Menthol is a delightfully-scented cream with perfect lather and you can feel the freeze as soon as the brush makes contact with your face. The Diana balsam is indispensable for my rotation as is the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

5. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Menthol Monday
    Proraso PSC
    TSD ISZ Soap & Wheat Cream :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Thayer's Medicated Superhazel mixed with 3 drops M-Bomb :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

A nice and frosty one today :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::D

srpavko and Asd like this.
  6. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

TSD PSB +M-Bomb
    8/8 W&B restored by Glen
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Ceramic bowl
    TSD ISZ soap + M-Bomb
    Cold water splash
    Ice cube
    L'Oreal AS splash +M-Bomb
    Tried to mix M-Bomb with that AS splash to see if I like it better then putting some straight M-Bomb to finish the shave. The mixture has no that "fatality" effect of straight M-Bomb but it is pleasant and way softer feeling. Interesting choice for those days when I don't want things go too extreme.

Llyr and srpavko like this.
  7. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

20130708_233753 (800x600).jpg

SotN
    Menthol Monday

Not as cold as Menthol Sunday was but love the smell of Proraso Green. I just keep getting great shaves from this FB and Sputnik combo, 4th shave on the blade and it cut great tonight. Will have to order up some for sure.

This brush is just fantastic. It's really breaking in nicely.

Tdmsu, Llyr and Asd like this.
  8. crackstar

L_p0012672129.jpg DSCN1436_600.jpg visal.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Iced Subzero SS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Balea unscented moisturizer
    Visal AS Gel :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    YSL Pour Homme EDT

With the expected temperature at 90 degrees, how can I not opt for such a frigid set-up? Everything that's going into this shave has powerful menthol. The Gatsby facial wash is the coldest - ten times colder than the L'Oreal Men Expert, and twenty times colder than the Axed Chilled. I think many of us already know about the ISZ soap, the Visal gel, and the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

Llyr and Alebrewer like this.
  9. Llyr

Menthol Monday
    Semogue SOC Boar
    cool shower
    Proraso PSC :love055::love055::smiley freezing:
    Mama Bear's Awakenings :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Mergress XL/Perma-Sharp Super (5)
    cold water rinse
    Shavex Alum
    cold water rinse
    Thayer's Medicated Superhazel mixed with 4 drops M-Bomb :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Krampert's Finest Frostbite :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

A real face and head freeze,Frostbite delivers the goods on the frost.The scent which doesn't last long is Frankincense,kinda piney,the skincare is great.The freeze is I'd say very close to The Rub and The Penguin :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::D

10. crackstar

Sk16_9.jpg 4h4n0.jpg AnherbConditi.jpg FloidIta.jpg Menthol Monday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Arko Ice Mint SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Floid Classic AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

A pretty cooling set-up for this special day - perhaps not as frigid as I normally opt for, but still cold enough. The Arko Ice Mint cream has a gorgeous tropical/sporty scent with awesome lather, and its menthol power is stronger than a lot of other creams and soaps, and the Anherb conditioner is a great face-freezer which also moisturizes and soothes. I always enjoyed the Floid Classic aftershave. ;) :D

Alebrewer and Llyr like this.
  11. DonR

DonR Active Member

Most recently, Menthol Mist, Osage Rub..have gotten the job done! Regardless, on Mondays, menthol is always routine! The more the better!

Llyr likes this.
  12. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Gada Cool Mint SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barbon AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Here's an awesome set-up which I highly recommend to any other menthol addicts. The L'Oreal facial wash feels really cooling, the Gada Cool Mint cream is a certified face-freezer, and the Anherb conditioner and the Barbon aftershave put lots of additional icicles in your face. Although the Shark blades are good, I wouldn't say they're quite as good as the Rapiras. ;) :D

Sk16_9.jpg IMG_0544_1.JPG AnherbConditi.jpg 2_h240.png

13. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Shark
    Lea Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EDT

This is an excellent set-up for a Menthol Monday Shave because every item is a face-freezer. Even the L'Oreal facial wash is cold enough if you leave it on your face for a couple of minutes, and the Lea Menthol cream has one of the best menthol sensations I've ever experienced. I love the Anherb conditioner because of its moisturizing and freezing effects, and there's nothing like the good old Rubby Dubby Doo! ;) :D

Sk16_9.jpg 40-321-large.jpg AnherbConditi.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg

14. crackstar

Menthol Monday!

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Godrej Menthol Mist SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Grey Flannel EDT

If you think Proraso Green cream or soap is cold you're right it is indeed, however it's warm if you try to compare it to Godrej Menthol Mist. This cream's menthol power starts working as soon as the brush makes contact with your face. The Anherb and the Rubby Dubby Doo are both in a class of their own. ;) :D

Sk16_9.jpg $(KGrHqEOKi0E0k(,Iql1BN,pWjbB!w~~_3.jpg AnherbConditi.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg

DLreno, Llyr and Alebrewer like this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Menthol Monday during Menthol Week

Proraso preshave
    Proraso Green soap bowl lathered with Simpson Special Best Badger
    Lady Eversharp injector with Tedpella blade (1)
    3 passes plus polishing
    Cold water rinse and finish with Proraso aftershave

DLreno and Llyr like this.
  16. crackstar

Sk16_9.jpg nannys_ice_and_slice.jpg diana_balsam.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg Menthol Monday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Nanny's Ice & a Slice SS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EDT

Not too many set-ups are as intensely cold as this one - trust me on that. The Nanny's Ice & a Slice soap is awesome stuff - a gorgeous scent with rich, stable lather and POWERFUL menthol. Countless times, I've described the Diana balsam and the Rubby Dubby Doo needs no description! ;) :D

DLreno, Llyr and Alebrewer like this.
  17. Llyr

Menthol Monday
    warm shower
    Semogue SOC boar
    Proraso PSC :love055::love055::smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    TSD 2x Iced Mojito SS :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Joris 1912T/Perma-Sharp Super (1)
    cold water rinse
    Shavex Alum
    cold water rinse
    Thayer's Medicated Superhazel mixed with 3 drops M-Bomb :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    TSD 2x Iced Mojito ASL mixed with a pea sized amount of 444 :love055::love055::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

A nice and frosty start to the week :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::D

DLreno likes this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm in...

Warm shower
    Nivea menthol face scrub
    Proraso green PSC
    Proraso green Cream
    cold water rinse
    Aqua Velva

Does anyone use the PSC for after shave, too? I've seen it mentioned in other threads... I didn't today, but I might tomorrow - its supposed to be 90 degrees here.

Newbie question - is there a skincare reason menthol is only once a week, or is it just personal preference?
    I find that I enjoy the cooling sensation quite a bit! :Animatedfrozensmily:

DLreno likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Who says it's for just once a week? Jeff, along with quite a few other folks, use it every day.
    "Menthol Monday" was just a fun way for folks to band together and start their week using the same thing, a little esprit de corps, if you will.

DLreno and Tdmsu like this.
  20. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055::smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Gada Cool Mint SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

I love freezing my face off at any time but on Menthol Monday I make it a point to use some of my coldest stuff. The Gada Cool Mint cream is not only frigid, it also smells great and delivers amazing lather and skincare. How could I possibly be without the Anherb conditioner and the Rubby Dubby Doo? No way! ;) :D

DLreno and Alebrewer like this.