Hi from Germany

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by StevenML, Jul 21, 2013.

1. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Hallo everybody,

my name is Steffen,i.e.Steven from Germany, 30 yrs o. Traditional wet shaving since 2005, mostly DE, sometimes cartridge razors, always using a brush and shaving cream or soap. I've tried some straights and prefer the Feather AS since stropping is a lot of work for me. I've been reading and posting on the two German shaving boards. Lately, I found out some very helpful tutorials and postings here on TSD, especially the instructive description of how my favorite slant razors actually function.

CU Steven

crackstar and alpla444 like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

3. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

:signs046:to the Den Steffen!

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD CU Steven...........I hope you enjoy it here........:)

You've been wet shaving alot longer than I have I see...Nice having another experienced shaver joining the forum to share with us newbies..After 30+ miserable years of shaving with a Trac2 cart razor I discovered "traditional" shaving about 2 years ago and have never looked back...I had to shave for work and had always planned on "NEVER" shaving again when I retired...Well I'm retired now and I shave "EVERYDAY" and "LOVE" it...:shaver

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Valkomen Steve.

crackstar likes this.
  6. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Thank you, gentlemen, for the nice and friendly welcome! TSD will also be an occasion for buffing up my language ;)

crackstar and Ryan B like this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hi and welcome is always nice to see another European member on the forum, enjoy your stay

crackstar likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi, from another Steve! Welcome to the Den.
    Be sure to sign up for the July Newbie Give-Away.

I spent three years in Germany, 1983-1986, stationed at Rhein Main AB. We shared the runway with Frankfurt International Air Port. My wife and I would love to make it back some time soon. My favorite city? Rothenburg ob der Tauber - absolutely beautiful.

StevenML and alpla444 like this.
  9. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Thank you very much, Steve. I've signed up for the Newbie's Give-Away. That is a really nice and generous initiative!

Yes, Sir, Rothenburg o.d.Tauber in Franconia is among the most beautiful cities in Germany with its half-timbered houses and historic center. I've visited the town in the late 90ies.

alpla444 likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Herzlich Willkommen Steffen - es freut Uns immer Mitglieder aus Europa hier zu treffen. Ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß hier!

(I welcomed Steffen here and told him it's always good to meet members from Europe and wished him lots of fun)

ChiefShaver and StevenML like this.
  11. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Thanks, Jeff. Your German's so good. How did you learn it?

crackstar likes this.
  12. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den!

13. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Steffen.

Ein Herzliches Willkommen auch von Mir. Bin auch aus Deutschland. Du wirst hier sehr viel Spaß haben.

(I wrote Steffen:Welcome from me.I'm from Germany too. You will have a lot of fun here.)

Greetings
    Thorsten

crackstar likes this.
  14. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Willkommen!

crackstar likes this.
  15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Greetings and welcome to TSD.

16. crackstar

Thanks! Although I'm Israeli, I've been speaking German all my life. It's a second language for me. :)

StevenML and ChiefShaver like this.
  17. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Hi Jeff, so you're a native speaker? I need a dictionary for TSD... My French's probably better than my English. I suppose there are many French speaking people à Montréal ?

crackstar likes this.
  18. crackstar

Ne t'inquiete pas mon cher ami parce que ton anglais est tres bon. Moi aussi, mon francais est mieux que mon anglais. Je suis un vrai francophone. Oui, il y a beaucoup des francophones ici!

Translation:

Don't worry my dear friend, because your English is very good. Me too, my French is better than my English. I'm a real francophone. Yes, there are many francophones here!

Ohhhh, I'm perfectly fluent in:

Hebrew
    Arabic (4 dialects)
    French
    Russian
    Ukrainian
    Polish
    German
    Greek
    Yiddish
    Turkish
    Swahili