SoS: July 22, 2013 - July 28, 2013

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 21, 2013.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Chris, how does the Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Tonic compare to other post alum/aftershave treatments? Astringent? Balm-like? Slick? Cooling? All of the above? ;)

crackstar likes this.
  2. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Kevin...It's alcohol free, menthol free. I would compare it a little with a witch hazel type AS splash/lotion, but maybe slightly more dense. The scent is awesome like a mild citrus. Tangerine is probably the noticeable scent, with a little grapefruit. I really enjoy it with the MWF, which I know you have. I enjoy a little menthol and a little burn usually, but this one seems to make my face feel great! Price is very reasonable...definitely a good choice to add to the rotation! I could send you a sample if you wanna try it out.

3. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

SOTD Late Friday Night

Prep: hot shower, Nivea Energy preshave scrub, Shave Secret PSO
    Razor: 1953 Gillette Ball Tech
    Blade: Voshkhod Teflon
    Cream: TSD Wheat cream, Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme type
    Brush: Art of Shaving pure badger
    Shave: four passes, WTG, XTG, RXTG, ATG
    Post: cold water splash, TSD AS Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme type, Dirty English balm
    Pomade: Murray's Super Light
    Cologne: Varvatos Vintage

A great smooth shave again with some of the best skin care shave cream out there. Finally used up the rest of the aftershave splash sample from Joanna, gonna have to get a big bottle now.

This blade and razor with great together for me. This same blade in my Fatboy about cheese grated my face a couple days ago, so strange.

Stroker, Ryan B, Leo K. and 9 others like this.
  4. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Saturday 27-07-2013

Razor: Muhle R89+Weber Bulldog Handle
    Blade: Astra SS NOS (Made in Czech Republic)
    Brush: Omega 10275
    Soap: Mama Bear Lemon Ice
    AS: Malizia Uomo Vetyver
    EDT: Paco Rabanne XS

Today shave is very special. Yesterday I receive parcel from my very good friend Ryan,2 amazing soaps+Weber Bulldog Handle. This morning I got up earlier than usual,I was a little excited to try two new things for me - Bulldog handle and Lemon Ice. Mama Bear Lemon is excellent, very dense lather, great smell, what you can expect everyone! Bulldog is like a masterpiece, great craftsmanship, quality materials, and perfect weight!
    Tomorrow shavŠµ will be exactly like today in my SOTD,thanks once again Ryan!

Stroker, Ryan B, ins0ma and 13 others like this.
  5. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

Hi gents, today I had a rather low budget shave:

Warm Water,
    Proraso Pre,
    Egypt's Tamara shaving cream,
    Semogue boar brush and steel boal,
    original Gillette Sensor metal handle (1994),
    Personna three-blade-cartridge (wtg/atg),
    cold water,
    Eton College Cologne.

Have a nice day and take care!

crackstar, Stroker, Ryan B and 12 others like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gillette New Improved - Goliath
    Voskhod
    Semogue 2000
    Walter's Rose
    Alum
    Superior 70

Stroker, Ryan B, dcc and 11 others like this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 6
    Viking Blue Ice SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing: (Russian version)
    Svoboda AS Balsam :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Today my shaving journey took me to Russia where this lovely Viking Blue Ice cream comes from. The scent is so nice and manly, the lather is a pleasure to work with, and it gives a cooler menthol sensation than any of the other Russian creams I've used. (all of the Russian creams I have are great!) The Svoboda balsam gave me lots of additional cooling and soothing - in fact it's one of my favorite aftershave items. I'll never be without the Skin Bracer! ;) :D

Sk16_9.jpg FG-1248953105837038.jpg svobodako-vitamin_f-aftershave-balm.jpg 26121493.jpg

Stroker, Ryan B, dcc and 13 others like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Veli, I also have that Lemon Ice soap and I love it. I think I'll use it either tomorrow or for Menthol Monday because it's very cooling. Enjoy your new stuff, my friend! :)

dcc likes this.
  9. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Saturday

6/8 Sheffield, W. Burnell, 2 passes
    Gillette New LC in nickel-touch up
    Rapira Lux (d2)
    Palmolive Stick/ TSD Iced Florida Water- Face Lather
    Vulfix 404
    Osage Rub
    Dominica Bay Rum Lime

crackstar, Stroker, Ryan B and 13 others like this.
  10. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Satinedge
    Mundus Bay Rum
    23mm Omega
    Nice shave this morning. Smooth as silk. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

crackstar, Stroker, Ryan B and 14 others like this.
  11. Woodekt

Woodekt Well-Known Member

Ah, Sat AM shave! (It'll be Mon am before you know it, so enjoy the day)

DR Harris (lavender)
    Merkur 39C Sledgehammer!
    Feather S/S
    Frank Shaving Silver tip "fan" knot
    Lucky Tiger A/S
    Pre de Provence Balm

I discovered today that i dont need to "3 pass shave" on all parts of my face. I was noticing some *slight* irritation only on the upper parts (side burn area and upper cheeks) so I opted to only do one pass (wtg) on those areas today. Actually acceptable results but not BBS. Sledgehammer give a VERY close shave anyway. Three pass on all other areas so Im happy.

[​IMG]

crackstar, Stroker, Ryan B and 14 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod072713.jpg
    Hot shower​
    TOBS Lavender Shaving Cream​
    Frank Shaving Finest Badger​
    Gillette NEW OC​
    Shark Super Chrome SS (6)​
    CWR​
    Dickinson's Witch hazel​
    Aqua Velva AS​
    One of the best shaves ever. Two passes with touch up on the neck for a BBS shave.​

Stroker, Ryan B, dcc and 12 others like this.
  13. Woodekt

Woodekt Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I saw your pic a while back and already ordered one just like yours! I have to have two semogue brushes of course! Thanks!

You are correct, The PdP balm is da bomb! Such a great fresh smell and high quality that ALL PdP items give (except I've heard their shave cream is not that great). The old school aluminum tube is a nice touch as well. Their Shave soap has the same great smell (one of my faves) and their body soaps are AWSOME too.

14. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Saturday:

Prep: Hot washcloth compress, AoS Unscented PSO
    Brush: Beeline Boar
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Coffee Jasmine Scent
    Razor: Merkur 41c 1904 Open Comb
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
    Post: Cold water rinse, Alum, rinse, Dickinson's WH, Aveeno Active Naturals ASB
    Cologne: Ispazon by Parfums de Marly

I don't know if the Astra is just that much sharper than the Bic, or if there was a problem with my prep or technique today, but I tore up my neck in several spots today. Yesterday's 3-pass shave was irritation free; not so today. I'll admit the shave feels just as close to the touch as yesterday's did.

crackstar, Stroker, Ryan B and 12 others like this.
  15. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

PRE: Hot Towel + MR GLO Soap + Homemade PSO
    BRUSH: Omega 636
    SOAP: MWF
    RAZOR: Merkur 38c
    BLADE: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

SS_130727.jpg

I checked out the scent of this AS in the duty free in Germany on the way to Ukraine...I enjoy the light citrus scent. The burn is about the shortest of any Alcohol based splash I have tried. Overall...good stuff at a great price! Have a great day all!

16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Saturday

Used one of my GEM 1912's today. I bought 200 blades from Tedpella, and was a little hesitant because the box indicated they were for industrial use only, but the blade performed like a champ. Great shave with no irritation, I like the sound of shaving with an SE in a quiet room. The Omega 49 was a $9 brush, but I love the softness and fullness of this brush.
    IMG_0140.JPG

17. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Saturday morning, July 27, 2013

Schick E2 Injector with Schick blade (8)
    Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
    Arko shaving soap with hot water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

B B 34.JPG

tuxxdk, crackstar, Woodekt and 14 others like this.
  18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

A boar brush takes a longer time to break in, the rewards are you will have a great brush.

crackstar, Woodekt and Stroker like this.
  19. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

07/27 Saturday Everyone have a great weekend!

Hot shower
    Fliods pre-shave oil
    Omega 48
    (Sample) West Ind. Lime
    Day four for the the Gillette OC and the Gillette 7 o'clock Black, razor and blade change for Sunday.
    Alt. Insburk/Prorarso
    Three passes for a superior DFS

The great part of traditional wet is the wealth of products to choose from. The sample goodies box is filled with samples of products I have not tried. It is fun to choose something new to try out every morning.

20. Richard Jackson

Richard Jackson Well-Known Member