How's Your Day? - August 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Aug 1, 2013.

1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Next up on today's BGDAAA list: Dear individual/s responsible for designing the battery compartment on the 2008 GMC Acadia - I hope your afterlife is filled with 16-sided Rubics cubes

2. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Passed my CISSP exam on Friday and an inspection on Tuesday. Overall a Great Week. August is off to a great start.

Bobcat, PanChango and ohpaos like this.
  3. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Any chance Lady Swarden used it to sharpen something? My bro swiped my fav Swaty to sharpen all the blades on his pocket knife :eek:

DLP likes this.
  4. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

ouch. how did that work out?

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I would. Of course I wrote the number down right where I couldn't loose it. Yup, on the hone!:happy097::happy102::sad023:

macaronus and richgem like this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

104 here in south Texas today, but that is OK, it is supposed to be 108 on Wednesday........

ohpaos and DLP like this.
  7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Woot! Congrats DLP
    image.jpg

He proclaimed the knife "good as new". Fortunately, he thought the side with the writing was the back of the stone, so he used the side I don't use on razors. I still gave him heck (though if you've ever seen a chihuahua shadow box around a big dog, that's what we look like. I'm the runt :o)

DLP likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

There's nothing that a hammer, a cold chisel, and fire can't solve. Just sayin'.

9. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Yep. He's down there with the committee that came up with the PT Cruiser setup.

10. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Did you know?
    The first man to survive going over Niagara Falls later died from slipping on an orange peel...

11. sol92258

New BGDAAA news....the pump on the sand filter just died, not even 2 years old yet. Good thing I still have the filter pump that came with the pool, but I sincerely hope it's powerful enough to work with the sand filter - sure as heck don't want to do anymore of the paper filters, even just for a little while

12. sol92258

In non-bgdaaa news: beard still smells smokey. Yeah, maybe the ribs were a little too well done, but man...just taking a sniff of the beard makes that but a distant memory. Hate to shower here in a little bit, lol :D

ohpaos, Bobcat and PanChango like this.
  13. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

How anticlimactic.

14. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

At least he died with his boots on... BOOTsize.png

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Doesn't look like he had his boots on though. Sounds like a bad death in a hospital.

In 1926, while on a publicity tour in New Zealand, Leach injured his leg when he slipped on an orange peel (according to some reports, it was a banana peel). The leg became infected, and eventually gangrene necessitated the amputation of the leg. Despite this extreme procedure, Bobby Leach died of complications two months later.

16. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Hey team! Let's raise some good vibes TSD-style for the little Princess of Blades & her family for PoB's surgeries this week.

image.jpg

Queen of Blades and macaronus like this.
  17. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Which reminds me...
    image.jpg
    It's Shark sol92258 Week, ya'll! :bounce017:
    :wave: image.jpg

richgem and PanChango like this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

sharkalanche_movie_makes_obvious_sense-328490[1].jpg

ohpaos likes this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Only if you promise me that Shaun White et al. all get eaten mid-way through the movie. You have no idea how much White annoys me.

PanChango likes this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Do we have to wait that long? Can't they go down in the opening scene?

sol92258 and ohpaos like this.