How's Your Day? - August 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Aug 1, 2013.

1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Peter Capaldi is the new Doctor! I'm pleased that they went with someone who's a bit older.

2. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Nah, ten bucks says one of the sharks chokes on Shaun and ends up spitting him back up fully intact.

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

works for me.

4. richgem

Interesting. I know nothing about him, but he looks to me more like a new "The Master" than "The Doctor." I'm glad they broke the trend of the Doctor getting younger looking with each regeneration. We'd be looking at Romper Room otherwise.

5. richgem

It'd be one HECK of a hair ball.

6. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

exactly. Can you believe he's the same age as Hartnell when Hartnell got the part? I thought Hartnell was in his late 60s early 70s during his time as the Doctor.

7. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

True dat. Shaun White Shark-hairball:
    Reality
    image.jpg

Hollywood
    image.jpg

richgem likes this.
  8. richgem

I didn't know that. And you're right, Hartnell seemed quite elderly.

9. richgem

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

A tweet from one of my favorite artists: The movie "SHARKNADO" did so well that the timing seems right for my film
    "FUR-ICANE" Grizzlies, Lions & Wolves all flying at you in 3D RS (Ron Sexsmith)

11. richgem

On my way to Las Vegas for some much needed R&R. See, penguins can fly! (erm, when JetBlue helps :blush:)

ohpaos and lradke like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Have a great time!

richgem likes this.
  13. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I believe they are transported to an upper layer of our atmosphere... the Hose-zone layer (Thank you Gary Larson). That would explain global warming, too... all that wool and cotton surrounding the earth is making it nice and warm.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  14. micah1_8

He may be annoying, but man can he skate/board.

15. micah1_8

Bgdaa... I swear, I'm going to nail my cheese to the floor. I'm sick of having it moved. With the new regime change here at work, of course other changes come. First, they tell me that I'm going to get less days off (to make things "fair"); part of the reason I took a pay cut to take this job was because they gave me a few extra days off... of course, my pay isn't changing to reflect the difference in days, so basically, I took another pay cut. Then they tell me that the heirarchy is changing. I no longer fall directly under the superintendent (on paper, equal to principals) but now fall directly under the principals (Yay! 2 bosses!)... even though I usually answer directly to the principals anyway, it's still, technically, a demotion.

And in typical 1st world problems whining, I just want to say that I'm tired of being everybody's TGWGWC (The Guy Who's Good With Computers). There's a woman at Church who has some developmental issues (which, in itself doesn't bother me... I have an aunt who is waaaay worse off than she is, so I'm used to being around that), but she recently completed a certification in Office computing (I have no idea how she managed to pass the course), and she's trying to find work. Every time she has to send a resume to someone online, she calls me to basically come do it for her, because she's not savvy enough to figure out how to fill out the online form. Now, I don't mind helping a person out. Especially a fellow Christian. I don't even mind helping the challenged out a bit. But this is getting old. And how do you tell a person that if they can't even fill out the employment form, they probably aren't qualified for the job? It's all very frustrating.

I was really warming up to Matt Smith as the Doctor, too. I was hoping for at least another season before a change... oh well, it looks like they could have done worse on picking a new one. It'll be interesting to have an older Doctor again.

Sorry for venting, but I'm feeling particularly down and stressed this morning.

macaronus likes this.
  16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Hmm..a plausible theory..:think002:

17. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Cool. I've got one more day before I'm off on R&R myself. I work tomorrow then I'm off until next Wednesday. I'm going to see Black Sabbath tomorrow night, then it's off for a week of hiking up in Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Lakeshore. :happy088:

18. richgem

Enjoy, Matt! But, yeesh... Sabbath? I thought they were all on life support by now. I hope it's a good show for ya.

19. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yeah- they chug Ensure instead of beer now, and Ozzy has to put his dentures in before he bites the heads off bats.

ohpaos, richgem and sol92258 like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We had a good day. I took my husband to the archery store to get him a bow. He resists buying things for himself, but I persuaded him that his mind had been made up.

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.