How's Your Day? - August 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Aug 1, 2013.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Today's Shroedinger's 126th bday (according to Google). Let cats every where rejoice. Or not.

ohpaos likes this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    hmmmm.........not sure if we're cleared for take-off or not.

Bobby ran into all kinds of trouble trying to update the forum software yesterday. That's why the site was down.

macaronus likes this.
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

There is a lot to keeping a message board running smoothly, most of it behind the scene. I hate dealing with the code.

Thanks for all the hard work........

Bob

ohpaos and Queen of Blades like this.
  4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Off to the range again on Thursday to do more tactical shooting. I'd care, but that's normally morning parade day so I guess that means another week at least that I'm overdue for my bloody promotion. :rolleyes:

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

to be or not to be? that is... ah forget it. We all know the cat would never have consented. :)

6. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Aw, Happy Bday Shroedinger! His posthumous contribution to the LolCattery has been immense. Fortunately for him, the boxed cat was a hypothetical one (or BasementCat will have schooled him well by now :kar:)

In other news, I've found a workout for Gunnar to maintain his hot new bod during the cold months. Fire up the camera, Panchango, it's time for the Gman to harness his...chi :p

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  7. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Finally got around to playing with my arduino and the starter kit. After half an hour of programming and fiddling, I managed a monumental task... I made a light switch!

yeah, I know it's not much, but hey, baby steps, right?

sol92258 and richgem like this.
  8. Robert Voss

Robert Voss Well-Known Member

Didn't go to work today because....well just because. So I spent the day browsing tsd and other shave sites.

9. richgem

Vacation almost over..going home tomorrow /cry

But having a nice meal tonight to compensate.

10. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Doggy Yoga..or Doaga. I like it a lot..gonna teach it to the cat..:happy102::chores016:

ohpaos likes this.
  11. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

From what I gather, yes. I guess the tour has been scheduled such that Tony can go back to the UK every six weeks for treatment. Hasn't effected his playing any though. The man still has it. It was a great show! :happy088:

Oh, you lucky man. I'm jealous.

Amen to that! So what's the secret?

Yeah, that 7% humidity is a real killer isn't it? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've got to go drag my carcass back to work tomorrow. :(

12. richgem

Yeah... good luck with that. :rofl:

13. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

*big money* vibes for the CATSINO!

richgem likes this.
  14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I set up an indirect cooking surface, and while I spent the first 45 minutes trying to stabilize the cooking (it was complete chaos), the last 1.5 hours went well. It was the first time I cooked like this (indirect heat and on a low temp) but the ribs turned out absolutely fantastic! What made them better though was the "Tennessee Hollerin' Whiskey Barbecue Sauce"! I found the recipe on AmazingRibs.com and cooked it up! I still have about a cup of it in my fridge (I was very generous in applying it) and man does it ever taste good! I honestly want to make batches of the stuff for all barbecuing I do...it is that good. Though I think I'd add a bit more liquid smoke to it for a bit more of the woodsy flavor.

Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/tennessee_hollerin_whiskey_BBQ_sauce.html

My wife finished off about half of the ribs, her sister ate another quarter of them...and me, my oldest daughter and some friends (who were lucky to receive a 'donation' of the cooked ribs) ate the other quarter. I'm not too sure how I would change cooking them next time (unless I used a smoker or charcoal grill), everyone loved them and said they were the best they ever had...which doesn't help, since I am always on the lookout to perfect my recipies.

Anyway, that's the secret! :D

And here's the proof that they were good...just look at that smile!

CameraZOOM-20130811182603410.jpg

macaronus, gollum83, richgem and 4 others like this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You know the ribs are good when the bones gnawed so much it's stripped clean.

lradke likes this.
  16. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Go for it! Willy was useless for yoga, but great for weight training. I used her for bicep curls. :D

doh! :o
    image.jpg

lradke, Slipperyjoe, richgem and 2 others like this.
  17. richgem

I just got through security at McCarran (Las Vegas) airport... just as an FYI, I got bag searched because of my injector. Not a big deal, but inconvenient... in the end, it wasn't a security issue and I got to keep it. It seems that they just didn't know what it was. The fact that it was in a holster probably didn't help.

18. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Dude, you can't leave the Schickizens hanging. Who was worthy of the Vegas trip in a fancypants holster?! Was it the Aston Martin I2-HM? Or perhaps the 007 L1? (Just asking as a courtesy for the Injector Party folks. I'm not like an addict or anything...)

19. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

A holster? Rich, what are are you, the Fastest Injector in the West? :D

richgem, sol92258 and lradke like this.
  20. richgem

I knew I forgot something: it was my L1 since I won't be heartbroken if it gets broken or goes missing.

The holster is my last vestige from b & b days...more of a leather case or sheath...sold at one time by wcs and b & b branded.

(various edits for phone typos)

ohpaos likes this.