How's Your Day? - August 2013

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Aug 1, 2013.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Last week we went to court for our Bankruptcy Hearing.
    We were hoping to get back on our feet a little before doing anything. Our car decided that it was tired and started running rough. The diagnosis is that there is a bad valve leaking oil. Changed the plugs one plug was dripping in oil.
    Now it is a waiting game for the discharge papers to come because we can not get financing till then. We just pray that the car will hold out .

Had a great workout this morning.

2. Lakebound

Lakebound Well-Known Member

Even though I am on vacation, work on the cottage needs to be done. Just finished sweeping the chimney for the first time and while I was up there, I repaired part of the cap with mortar. Saved myself about $100.00 and earned the satisfaction of doing it myself. Plus, the view of the lake from up there is priceless.

Frank

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

4. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Wow. Look, Martin, I'm not sure anything I nor anyone else says can help, but I'm truly sorry to hear about your family's loss. That's truly tragic. :(

Okay, so any of you wanting second opinions on this:

This was a pretty darn good BBQ sauce, although I didn't have any Jack Daniels on hand when I tried it out earlier tonight. Actually I used Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Nevertheless, it went very good with that pork tenderloin I made for dinner. Nice find, Luke! :happy088:

Hey, congratulations! Now go get yourself that new BBQ to celebrate! :D

lradke likes this.
  5. richgem

It's Friday and almost 3:00, so....

[​IMG]

(Obviously, there wasn't an appropriate penguin picture. :( )

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

One of my duties as an IT Manager is moving hot water heaters?

[​IMG]

7. Lakebound

Lakebound Well-Known Member

Feeling good about yesterday and doing my own chimney sweep, I decided to cut the grass. After one pull the rope breaks uggggh. I finish the lawn and break out the tools. I got lucky in that the rope broke near the very end. All fixed without spending a dime.

Frank

8. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

so thanks to everyone going on leave near the end of summer, I'm left to redesign 3 networks that will be implemented when we deploy in October. I think I'm gonna need a case of redbull....

9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Martin, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies for you and your loves ones. I'm sure you'll keep him in your heart and thus he can never be far from you.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Way to go Luke! I'm glad thing worked out so well!

lradke likes this.
  11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Today (well...yesterday) was a good day! In the morning I picked up my new (used) Weber. It needed some serious love...and cleaning...which I gave. I need to change the grates (personal choice) but until I can my uber cleaning job will do. I can't wait to fire it up for Sunday's dinner! :)

uploadfromtaptalk1377422107373.jpg

Also, I had a 10km race. It's the Edmonton Marathon and I entered the 10km with my sister. I ran a 71:30 race which is a new personal best by 7 minutes. :) Here I am at the finish line. :) uploadfromtaptalk1377422345673.jpg

Queen of Blades and MoAllen like this.
  12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good on you (on both items!)
    I guess some celebration is due! Some ribs, some BBQ sauce... :drool:

(I took a peek at the amazingribs.com site you mentioned. Man, I'm in need of some bbq-ing!)

13. richgem

14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The Weber Kettle, the best charcoal grill made.

I remember when they had 3 separate adjustable air inlet ports on the bottom and you could regulate temp pretty well for smoking. Changing to the single level is more convenient and probably easier to manufacture, but I don't consider it an improvement. The Webers last a long time, and when you need to replace things like grates and handles they are readily available. Webers got some good grilling cookbooks too. I'm going to make spareribs on my Weber Kettle this afternoon.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I just mixed up a batch of hair conditioner bars. The hubby has to work overtime tonite, so we will have a late-nite archery date.

16. Neolithium

Argh on duty tonight :/ Least I'll be off work tomorrow, hopefully I get my promotion this week.

macaronus likes this.
  17. richgem

Good luck!

18. Neolithium

Thanks :) It's already been approved locally, just waiting for the Division and Ottawa to sign off on it - THEORETICALLY it should be this week, I'm already overdue....but the Army works in mysterious ways.

19. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Had a very pleasant week. Spent 4days with the family at Niagara Falls, Canada .
    Beautiful weather, very nice experience: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377480861.926389.jpg

20. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

NIAGARA FALLS!!!! Slowly I turned...step by step....inch by inch....