Things to see in Boston

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by MoAllen, Aug 16, 2013.

1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

My wife, my father in-law, and I will be spending three days as tourists in Boston the last week in September. After that, my wife and I will taking an organized New England fall colors tour for about a week on trains and buses.

Anybody from Boston area have suggestions about fun things to do or see? We will be taking some sort of organized bus tour, so I would love to find something off the well-beaten tourist track.

2. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

MoAllen likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You could take lessons in how to avoid pronouncing Rs. :D

MoAllen likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's a misconception - that we loose the "R". We just move it to other words. For example, we get idears about what new cah we want next.

MoAllen likes this.
  5. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

And send any surplus "R"s down to Texas, where they put them in the warsh.

swarden43 and MoAllen like this.
  6. richgem

So, it's kinda like the conservation of matter, then? Rs cannot be created or destroyed, only used elsewhere?

swarden43 and MoAllen like this.
  7. richgem

I'd say you've had more than your fair share already. ;)

MoAllen likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Back to Boston, they have a great Science museum.

MoAllen likes this.
  9. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

So what you're saying, is it's a lot like hide-and-seek with R's? :think002:

Anyway, Mike, there's a lot of stuff to do in Boston, which honestly makes it a bit difficult to advise you. Any idea what that organized tour covers? It might help us make some suggestions.

That said if you're a big history buff, or even if you're not, the Freedom Trail is probably a good place to start. It's a 2.5 mile walk from end to end, and it'll run you past a number of significant sites like Boston Common, Paul Revere's House, Old North Church, the Bunker Hill Monument, the U.S.S. Constitution, the site of the Boston Massacre and a few cemeteries. If nothing else though, definitely go and see the U.S.S. Constitution. It's the oldest commissioned naval vessel still afloat in the world and the Navy does a wonderful job maintaining the ship as a museum and using her to promote understanding of the Navy's role in times of both ware and peace. Maybe not as far off the tourist track as you'd like, but honestly with the role Boston played it our nation's early history, you almost owe it to yourselves to go see some of the wonderfully preserved historic sites they have in Boston.

MoAllen likes this.
  10. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to find out what is covered by the organized tour.