overnight update of aqua velva

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by jcr12388, Jan 18, 2013.

1. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

man idk if this is to good to be true just yet but i always shave at night and usually wake up with some ingrown hairs and razor bumps and some redness. i shaved last night and applied aqua velva after my shave. i woke up this morning with baby smooth skin and ZERO ingrowns, bumps, or redness.

I guess there's something in the splash that helps and soothes my face out alot! lilke i said above though, i hope this stuff isn't too good to be true!! haha

just wanted to update you guys. love this stuff so far

2. bigmac53

bigmac53 Well-Known Member

I had my first Aqua Velva experience today too. It definitely has a nice soothing feeling, and the scent is a lot different than my usual Proraso AS. I'm hoping it has the same bump/ingrown properties as you are saying for me!

3. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Big A/V fan! Use it every time I shave!

4. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Aqua Velva is in my rotation of after shave lotions. I like shaving at night now and then. I can skip shaving the next morning. Always, Gene

5. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Witch Hazel then Aqua Velva. That's my go-to AS combo. Works well for my skin & smells great. I use it when I shave at night or in the morning.

srpavko likes this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Anyone like Aqua Velva Musk? Never used it, but saw some at Walmart last night. Just a quick whiff smelled pretty good, but that's not the same as splashing some on your face.

srpavko likes this.
  7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Yep, I use the musk, and like it. Wife likes it,too, so a double plus. I don't care for the scent of the regular AV. Am going to try the iced blue and the sport scents some day.

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have the musk it's not my favorite. but it's not bad at all, just different from the ice blue and sport. I also like Mennen Skin Bracer, another olde' but goody.....:)

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I don't care for the regular AV but do enjoy the Musk and Ice Sport. They treat my face very nicely

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Kroger has their Arctic Blue on sale now for under $2. I mention it only b/c I assume it's more or less the same as regular blue AV.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Excellent stuff on its own but (imo) even better when a leathery a/s is mixed in (English Leather, etc).

12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Wanted to get an update, see if the Aqua is still working for you. I may pick up some of the Aqua Velva Musk.

13. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

yes its still working. i also incorporated witch hazel for post shave as well. idk if or how much your local drug store sells it for, but the local Target by me sold it for $5.50 and it was double the size of the $6.00 bottle from my local CVS.

JRod22 likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I've been using Aqua Velva for a couple of months now, and this week I added T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel as a splash followed by AV. Very nice results.

JRod22 likes this.
  15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Love the musk and the ice blue. Not super crazy for the sport stuff in the square bottle.

16. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

which dickinsons WH do you use?

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Blue label. Got it at Walmart in the first aid section.

[​IMG]

18. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

cool.. ya i was on dickinson's website and they have like 2 types of witch hazel. one for first aid and the other for skin care.. to me its all the same thing lol

Jayaruh likes this.
  19. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

I love Aqua Velva simply because it is the scent that defines my memory of my dad from when I was a kid. My wife prefers the scent of the AV Ice Sport which seems to have the same good qualities as regular AV.

20. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Have you used it? I use A/V after every shave, but have wondered about using the store brand.