Newbie from Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Tdmsu, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

How'd ya know?

I feel blessed to be able to watch Miguel Cabrera. He may be the best hitter I've seen play live... And I am not a young man.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD Tdmsu..........I hope you enjoy it here...:)

One really good thing about "traditional" shaving is that unlike cart shaving, you have many options and your shave will get even better with time...
    Good prehsave prep, proper technique and gentle preasure will help greatly with limiting any irritation...Time,Technique,Practice and Patience will make all the difference..:shaver..

If the kit you bought is the Van der Hagan, I think you'll enjoy the Delux shave soap..Williams soap "although hated by some" is also an easily obtainable and inexpensive soap..I use Corn Huskers lotion as a preshave and Nivea post shave balm after my shave and before applying the AfterShave splash of the day...

Tdmsu likes this.
  3. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thanks Eddie... I did buy the nine dollar special Van der Hagan Premium (green) set. I like the soap, and my technique is getting better.
    The only problem is, I found a local old-school pharmacy that carries Proraso and feather blades! I gave in and bought some on the way home today.
    I decided to shave tonight, just in case I butcher my face, and it was the best shave yet!

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You'll find that giving in and buying soaps,blades,aftershaves, etc just because will become a normal occurance...After all the absolutely only way to know if you like something and find out if it works for you is to try it...:D

5. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know. It's not like that picture you're using for your avatar is a dead giveaway. ;)

Tdmsu likes this.
  6. morcoffee

morcoffee New Member

welcome aboard.. i started with the vdh set as well... then i got an omega 49 and it has been downhill ever since! 5 brushes, 4 DEs, 7 Str8s, enough soaps/samples for probably the next half decade, etc.... can't believe i spent so many yrs with the same boring setup.. now i can go almost a month with a different soap every day!

BamaT and Tdmsu like this.