Incoming Weber

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ryan B, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I just bought a Weber with a Bulldog handle last night. I bought it used from someone else for $60 shipped. I'm excited and can't wait.

Just thought I would share my excitement. Also, Weber users... feel free to add any thoughts here.

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Nice Ryan. If I remember right you are a fan of Personna Labs? I love the Weber / Personna combo. Used them during Desert Island Week and need to break them out again. :)

Ryan B likes this.
  3. Ryan B

Personna Labs are my favorite blade. I use them in every razor I own. It's a very versatile blade to me. I am starting to like the Viking Sword blades too. :D

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Enjoy.

The Weber Bulldog handle is my favorite user. The head is on the mild side, but still provides a nice comfortable shave.

Ryan B likes this.
  5. Ryan B

I am kind of going in blind on this. I think my problem is that I don't know what I need. I get great shaves from my mild Krona, but also get great shaves from my Slim set on 7. If I don't like it, I will just sell it and get most of my money back. No loss either way. But I'm really hoping I love it.

alpla444 likes this.
  6. Bryan Miller

Bryan Miller Active Member

Weber PH with a feather last night. Zero irritation and near BBS. A friend lent it to me and its going to be a sad day when I have to return it.

Ryan B likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

Just my take but the Weber (polished head) feels a bit on the aggressive side. An Astra SP seems to bite a bit in it but a Personna Lab is smooth as silk.

Ryan B likes this.
  8. Bryan Miller

Really? My favorite razors are the Futur and 2011 R41 so the Weber feels very mild. To each his own :)

9. feeltheburn

I wouldn't say the Weber is more aggressive than those. :) But, If I dial my Futur down under 2, it probably does feel less aggressive to me.

10. Bryan Miller

No kidding? My Futur adjuster is collecting dust. Permanently suck @ 6.5. (Maxed).

God I love this razor. I need to improve the handle some. I've tried pencil grips. Thinkin O rings.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: I think you'll like your Weber..Just FYI the BullDog and Classic handles are the same weight 2.4oz, just the length and diameter are different..Do you have the polished head or the DLC head? I have both and both are "GREAT" shave heads...I do however find the DLC just slightly smoother "YMMV"...All of my favorite blades work well in it(Astra SP,Super Iridium,Blue Birds and 7 O'clocks),in fact pretty much every blade brand I've tried in it has worked well..I've also recently begun using the Vikings Sword blades and I'm really liking them!!!!! :shaver

Ryan B likes this.
  12. Bryan Miller

After a week straight of the PH, I'm in love. It's one of the best DEs available: both vintage and modern.

13. Derbian

Derbian New Member

This thread inspired me to go on a quest to acquire my own Weber PH.

I know that it should be simple enough right?

Not that easy, as I live in the UK, and Weber currently won't deliver to the UK, as they have had issues with packages going missing.

So I post a plea on The Shaving Room Forum, and a fellow member came up with a head, but no handle.

So now I just need to find a handle, so I can get that Weber experience.

14. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

Have both the DLC and Polished and they are among my favorite shavers. Weber doesn't normally deliver to my country either but I contacted them about getting anyway and got a paypal invoice and received my razor a few days later.

15. Derbian

Derbian New Member

Hi snuff, I have tried asking them and as of yet no reply. I think they are trying to find a viable shipping solution, but these things take time.

At least I have a Weber heading my way, then at least when they do sort shipping I can get a spare.

I have heard so much about these razors, I can't wait to try for myself.