Latest little project on the cheap

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by offroad64, Sep 7, 2013.

1. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

The shelf I got from Value Village for $3.00 The piece on the bottom holding my brushed was a scrap of plexi I got from work. Next I'm adding a wooden test tube rack to to the second shelf for my razors 20130907.jpg

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nice work. You might want to hunt up a plexi test tube rack for the razors. They tend to hold more and it will balance the plexi brush holder nicely.

3. sffone

sffone Member

Very clever!:signs107:

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

That plexigrass brush holder is "VERY" nice!! I use wooden test tube holders to hold my razors also..They work "GREAT"!! One bit of advice using the same size bit, drill out the bottom of the tube holder so that all your razor handles,including your longer handles ones, will fit easily and securely... I use both the single and double row holders and both work well..Are you going to mount the test tube holder between the top and bottom shelf? I think that would work best and free up your bottom shelf for storing other things like soap pucks and/or aftershaves....:)

5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. offroad64

This is on the other wall.

Attached Files:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

"SWEET"

8. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Nice!!

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Great job!

10. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Nice work, offroad64.

What did you use to cut the plexi?

11. offroad64

I'll stick with a wooden holder for now. I won't need anymore razor storage. :happy102::happy097::happy108:

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. offroad64

I work at a sign shop and we have a C&C. You could also use a router or dremel tool. I have the template or if you give me the spec's you want I can create a custom template you can get cut. 1 tip if you do it your self by hand you may want to use lexan instead of plexi because it will bend and not crack if you twist it the wrong way.

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I said that too at one time! ;)

14. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

I like both of those pieces a lot. Look very vintage, which goes right along with the art of wet shaving. The way things are going I'll have to look into a similar project soon. Free space is becoming a diminishing resource.