TSD Soap/Wheat Cream Question

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ryan B, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

There are a lot of awesome sounding scents listed.

I've been thinking about getting Iced Barbershop. Does the added menthol take anything away from the Barbershop scent? Or any TSD scent for that matter? It doesn't bother me, I will probably order it regardless.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have found that adding menthol to any product slightly masks the scent of the product it is added to. Again, this is my experience.

I've been told menthol has no scent. What I believe is happening is that just as menthol produces a cooling sensation to the nerve endings on your skin, it does something to the nerve endings in your nose, thus masking the scent of said product. Because of this, JoAnna reformulated her original M Bomb to what she has now - I find it cooler than the original and it does not mask the scent of what I put it into as much as the original.

Does it mask the Barbershop? I have no idea.
    What I do know is that I prefer to purchase my soaps "straight" (no menthol) then add TSD M BOMB if and when I please; I don't always want menthol. :scared003: Not to mention I can also control how much M Bomb I add, thus control the amount of chill I get :)

3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used the TSD Barber Shoppe (Iced) today. I have that and the TSD Signature (Iced). I don't know what the scent is like without the Menthol, but it is great with it!

4. newb

newb Resident Newb

Any TSD wheat cream is good cream. Whatever you purchase I'm sure will be good. Joanne has never disappointed me. To me though added menthol adds to the experience.