Best brushless shaving creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by C.M.Apikouris, Sep 7, 2013.

1. C.M.Apikouris

C.M.Apikouris New Member

I went back to wet shaving over a year ago after a many years hiatus. I'm now enjoying a few different double edge razors and I'm about to try out an injector like i used as a teenager. what I've found though is that there are alternatives to a great shave that don't require a brush. so far the best thing I've found was surprisingly "Edge Body" non-foaming face & body shave cream. It's loaded with lubricants like dimethicone and glycerine. Using a vintage '40's 0r 1957 Gillette Super Speed with this stuff I've experienced the best bbs, irritation free shaves that can compete with any shave I've had using a brush. I've also had very good results using (the dreaded canned) Noxema Aloe and Lanolin shaving cream. most of the non-lathering creams have not been very effective. What experiences have others had using a double edge system without a brush?

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My dad swears by Billy Jealousy Hydroplane. He also likes Grooming Lounge Beard Destroyer, and Pacific Shave Company.

Even though I would rather use a brush, I've had good results with TBS Maca Root brushless.

3. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Cremo is my personal favorite. I also like Dr Carver's Shave Butter from Dollar Shave Club. Every Man Jack is decent. Lately I've been using Bump Patrol Cool Shave Gel which comes in a tube and can be brush or brushless.

If you're not one who bashes can gels Old Spice Swagger is awesome.

4. C.M.Apikouris

C.M.Apikouris New Member

I've tried Cremo and Everyman Jack. I haven't had positive results from either . Actually Cremo was the worst I've tried EJ was a bit better. I'm not much of a fan of gels. Perhaps that's why there's so many products out there. Different faces require different products. Anthony Sport was pretty good but I really don't like the menthol it contains very much.

I haven't heard of those except Pacific Shave. Sounds like they may be a bit pricey.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

First, welcome to the Den.
    Be sure to sign up for the September Newbie Give-Away.

Sorry, but I'm not big into creams to begin with, and definitely NOT brushless creams.
    Me, I gotta use a brush.

BigT and Ryan B like this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD and back into "traditional" shaving C.M.......I hope you enjoy it here...:)

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer you on "brushless" creams either...Like Steve I'm a puck,bowl and brush fan...
    I've only used a few creams C.O. Bigalow,Creamo,Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender and lately MEM Olive sensitive all have worked ok for me,but I still "MUCH" prefer my Arko mashed in a bowl and applied with a brush...:)

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Welcome!

I don't usually shave brushless. But when I do, it's with Dos Equis ... I mean ... RazoRock Brushless (italianbarber.com).

8. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Billy Jealousy Hydroplane is some seriously slick stuff, it's one of the few brushless creams that I actually really liked. It works pretty well as a preshave cream too.

I occasionally use EMJ Sensitive brushless cream and it's OK, not the best that I have ever used, but it's pretty good for a brushless. I can get close shaves with it as long as I keep it nice and thin...that's the key with brushless creams, keep the layer thin.

Although they work better with a brush, Kiss My Face creams also work pretty well brushless.

9. Ryan B

My dad loves BJ Hydroplane. He said it gave him a better shave than Proraso. I'll give it a shot one of these days.

10. Star

Star Active Member

11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den! I'm not a brushless shaver but I do use Every Man Jack brushless cream as a post shave cream.

12. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

If I was going to use brushless it would be Molinard Rasoline.

13. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Will Billy Jealousy lather with a brush like Kiss My Face does?

14. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Billy Jealousy Hydroplane will not lather, but Billy Jealousy Whipped Cream will (sort of).

15. Ryan B

My dad's extra tube of Hydroplane is in the drawer, but I keep skipping over it when it's time to shave.

16. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I didn't think good and brushless could even be mentioned in the same sentence! LOL