This Day In History - November 22

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    1963 John F. Kennedy assassinated - Anyone want to tell us how they felt, what they thought, their memories and/or sentiments of this tragic event?

1718 Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard the pirate, was killed off the east coast of North America.

1935 China Clipper (flying boat) took off from Alameda, CA, carrying 100,000 pieces of mail on 1st trans-Pacific airmail flight

1963 C.S.Lewis dies

1990 Margaret Thatcher announces her resignation as British Prime Minister

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

1906 - SOS was adopted as the distress signal.

1986 - Mike Tyson becomes youngest ever Heavyweight Champ.

1988 - The B-2 Stealth Bomber was unveiled.

3. JMS

JMS New Member

1972: one of the best custom straight razor makers was born!:D

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

1890, Charles de Gaulle, the leader of Free France during World War II and the chief architect of France's Fifth Republic, was born.

The Beatles' "White Album" was released.

1977 Regular passenger service between New York and Europe on the supersonic Concorde began on a trial basis.

1980 Actress Mae West died at age 87.

As for Jack Kennedy, I was a Junior in High School at the time. I was in study hall in the library when the Principal announced his death. I remember which table I was sitting at and the view out the window.
    And I remember thinking, like everyone else I'm sure; this can't be true...it just CAN'T be! Yes, you really DO remember where you were when it happened (or at least when you heard about it).

It was all anyone talked about, all anyone watched on TV...all there was TO watch! The funeral was pretty much an all day event and I doubt there was anyone who didn't spend that day watching. Jackie in her veil, John John saluting his father, the riderless horse. A sad time.

5. Labarum

Labarum New Member

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

2007 - I ate too much for Thanksgiving :D