Nice version of beautiful song

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by shavingidiot savant, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Hi All,
    I'm lucky in that I like all sorts of music, from country to classical. This song is maybe considered a 'highbrow' kinda thing, but one that many of you have probably heard more than once. It's called Conte Par Tiro, which translates to "Time to say goodbye". Dang, that's a purty little ditty....whew.
    Anyway, this is a very nice duet with Sarah Brightman as the female singer. She's just so charming to watch and listen to. Heh, the other guy you may recognize. I hope a few of you enjoy this.
    Martin
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmS41_JdVLg[/ame]

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It certainly soothed the savage beast.

Miss Jenna was screaming her head off, as she has had a long day, and I turned the volume up so I could hear the song. 2 times through the song, not a peep out of her. :D

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It is magnificent--I remember the first time I ever heard this song, tears came to my eyes.

4. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Truly beautiful

5. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

I just placed this song on my MYSpace - it is amazing.

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

sorry....

but I'm sitting here blubbering all over myself and had to share this one as well.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtcidMR_6I&feature=related[/ame]

8. Capt America

Capt America Member

Wow... this thread should have a warning. The awesomeness of this thread has nearly given me a heart attack.

Can I add a song that is, in my opinion, the most beautiful/sad piece of music ever composed? (no vocals, violin/piano only)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHJedxlxl0[/ame]

edit- hey wait.... is that song Shavingidiot posted the song that Dufrain blares throughout the prison in The Shawshank Redemption?

editx2- man, I really like that song, Time to Say Goodbye. That Andrea Bocelli has a voice that could make a lion purr, as does that Sarah Brightman. If I were to buy a CD put out by either, do most of the songs sound like that?

9. Hi Kevin,
    If you take a look on youtube you should find a good selection of both artist's works. They're both pretty much all over the board as far as not sticking to one type. Bocelli does other things than classical stuff, and Sarah Brightman does a VERY nice job with Michael Crawford in Phantom. Now that's a good duo.
    Hehe, you posted a beautiful/sad song. You know, there's just something that 'sad' adds to an already beautiful piece of music. To me, it adds a note of bittersweet or even melancholy, which only adds to the depth of emotion being felt. It's one reason I like country music..........a lot of the good stuff's sorta sad. Actually, the music I posted is kinda sad as well.
    Anyway, this youtube thing is a kick for me. I'm now finally able to actually see artists perform things from many years ago in concert.
    Glad you enjoyed the music,
    Martin

Oh, Joanna? I don't know if Miss Jenna's too old for this video, but it's worth a shot.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgUnYzXU-Fo[/ame]

10. Queen of Blades

Thanks, Martin! I'll show that to Jenna after she finishes her movie.

Thank goodness, Mr Noodle isn't in the video! Jenna is absolutely petrified of Mr Noodle. :eek:

11. I will cross the Mr Noodle 'Happy Bake Oven' off the Christmas list. Glad you told me, since I was already looking online for the best price.

12. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I am SO glad right now that I have no idea what Mr. Noodle is... :rofl

13. Queen of Blades

:rofl

Mr Noodle is a mime, Charlie Chaplin looking kinda guy.

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That does sound kind of creepy...

15. Queen of Blades

Jenna couldn't agree more! :rofl

16. Hi All,
    I'm pleased that a few of you found the music I posted to be worth listening to. I'm glad others added their picks as well, since that's one way we learn new things. It's made the thread better as a result.
    Our lifestyles are all different, and we're exposed to varied things that make impressions over the years. Nice to hear new music that others really enjoy.
    So, rather than start another thread, why not just continue on a similar note. I have a few things that may have escaped some of you........hopefully music you'd like. Hehe, I mentioned I like country music, which to me can be beautiful, but usually sad. There's other songs by ex husband/wife combos that are intense because of the subjects being sung about. Fleetwood Mac comes to mind, among others.
    However, this next piece is a pretty little thing, done by a nice quintet. The composer's the guy who's seen first on the video once it starts ( Jay Unger), and he's done other things you've probably heard before. This song's called "Lover's Waltz".
    Hope a few of you enjoy it,
    Martin
    Oh.........Rick and Kevin? Please post anything else you think would fit here, or anyone else of course.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xYp_xnhwI[/ame]

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If this was Alaska, I'd say he was gutting a whale. :D OK, so he was showing his softer side and crying all over the place instead. :p