Merkur Futur or Vision

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Maestro, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Maestro

Maestro Member

Greetings fellow shave den users. Compliments of the season. Im headed all out for my birthday. The futur or the vision. All opinions would be welcome

2. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

plenty of opinions on that exact thing here. 2014-01-02-03-44-17.jpg

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Here's a link to that *click*
    I have, use, and love my chrome Futur.
    I've never used the Vision.

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I suppose much depends if you want a TTO razor or not.
    The jumbo Vision is certainly more 'rare' as it costs over twice a used Futur runs. The size of the Vision alone is often enough to be off-putting for many buyers.
    IF I were considering a Vision, I'd see about a vendor's return policy before forking over a considerable chunk of change for the razor.

Cool Breeze likes this.
  5. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

These are very "particular" razors. Some people love them and others dislike them and there isn't much middle ground. I had a futur and shaved with it twice and decided to sell it. I didn't like the feel of it at all and it was too aggressive for me. Then again I like a mild shaver so it all depends on your taste too.

6. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

I received a chrome futur for Christmas this year from my lovely girlfriend and I absolutely love it and the way it shaves. I have shaved with it 3 times now and each shave gets better and better. But I do have to agree with Lutebro, if you don't like aggressive this isn't a razor for you. I usually set mine on 2 and that's about a fatboy on 6, to me YMMV.

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've never used either razor and have no desire to either. However, my Gillette Slim is one of my favorite razors.

8. Maestro

Maestro Member

Greetings fellow den users . Many thanks for the enlightening comments. I , personally do find the futur and vision aesthetically pleasing. It is, monumentally expensive. I have had occassion to reconsider the impulsive tendencies and for now I will remain using my Gillette KNACK with Bic blades. I did indulge a bit yesterday by purchasing tabac shave soap and cream. Happy shaving!

Daytonkb likes this.
  9. newb

newb Resident Newb

To me the Vision is superior, but YMMV. I love them both and they stay in my rotation.