New TTO adjustable razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Howard Levin, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Howard Levin

Howard Levin New Member

Does anyone make a TTO adjustable razor? I have searched ebay for old Gillette slims, but they are too expensive and overpriced. The Merkur Futur is the closest I can find, but they are really NOT really TTO razors. (or are they at least as easy to change blades?) In fact it is unclear how to change their blades.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Parker makes a TTO. As does RazoRock
    Edit: ops not adjustable.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    fram773 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Search the classified ads here and on other shave forums. You'll find better deals there than scambay.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Also try Craigslist and antique malls in your area.

6. Ryan B

+1.

The deals are out there if you know where to look.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a Merkur Futur and love it. No issues with changing the blade - pop off the cap, drop in a blade, pop the cap back on. I've never cut myself; respect the blade and pay attention to what you're doing, that applies to any blade you're loading up regardless of the razor.

RaZorBurn123 and Ryan B like this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I think you'd do better with a vintage Gillette,especially when you consider the price of a Merkur...A Slim,Super Adjustable and even a FatBoy can be had for less off ebay,however you will need to put in the effort and hunt for one...Alot of research, emailing sellers and asking questions....:)

Cool Breeze likes this.
  9. Ryan B

The prices on Vintage Gillette Adjustables will come down eventually. You have to be patient and vigilant. But if you buy off of classified ads on shave forums, you're less likely to get lied to or ripped off.

Cool Breeze likes this.
  10. jbooth

jbooth Well-Known Member

+1 on the Antique Mall searches. I've seen dozens. If you're willing to hunt a bit you should be able to find a decent Gillette for a decent price...

Cool Breeze likes this.
  11. Thatdonkey

Thatdonkey Member

Another here for Antique Malls. I picked up a 61' SS last week for $20 so with some scrounging around I'm sure you'll find something to your liking in no time, and at a reasonable price to boot. Good Luck!

Cool Breeze likes this.