Three Shaving Related Products You Want to Try in 2014

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GDCarrington, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

1- Vitos
    2- MDC
    3- Florida Water

Just ordered the Florida Water from TSD store along with some Barber Shoppe TSD soap :cool:

GDCarrington and macaronus like this.
  2. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Well it's early days for me, but I'm thinking that Mitchell's Wool Fat sounds interesting, or maybe the TSD lanolin (so many scent choices though! :eek:). And I'm liking what I've seen from that brush-resto crowd too. Think I'll have a crack at one or two myself. :rolleyes:

JRod22, GDCarrington and macaronus like this.
  3. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I recently purchased a used HJM Black Fibre, synthetic, it arrived the other day.The first use was very impressive.

4. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

One down. The Barbon shaving cream and after shave worked well and my face had that tingly feeling for 20 minutes after the shave was over. I am looking forward to the other two on the list.

1. Muhle R41
    2. Cobra Classic
    3. Barbon soap and AS

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Like I said in my PM to you today, I received your Palmolive stick in the mail today. I just gave it a try. I just couldn't bring myself to face lathering with it so I cut it up and put it in one of my Old Spice mugs. This stuff is excellent. I created a very nice lather without even trying. Has a nice cushion and is very slick. Also has a very nice fragrance. I really like it. This is now one of my favorites. Now I've got to try some of the creams. I hear others talk about a Palmolive "menthol" cream that is very nice. I just wanted to thank you for sending it to me, and all the way from the Netherlands, wow!

crackstar, tuxxdk, Tjebbe and 5 others like this.
  6. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Two down one to go. The Muhle R41 2013 version is aggressive. It feels like when I was using the shavettes for shaving. Today was my second round with this razor and I ended up with a BBS face as the reward. Now all I have to do is find a Cobra Classic.

1. Muhle R41
    2. Cobra Classic
    3. Barbon soap and AS

7. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

I remember being in school and a teacher say you'll never reach your goals if you don't write them down... Maybe they were on to some thing as 2 of my 3 "want to try's" are done, and I have doubled the soaps and creams I have.

1. Straight razor George Wostenholm and Son "CANUCK"
    2. A better brush Vie-Long 12705
    3. ALL the soaps/creams

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm glad you like it!

9. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

MDC Soap
    Schick Injector
    Synthetic Brush

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Scratch off the Gillette adjustable. Obtained my birth year and quarter 1969 long handle black beauty super adjustable.
    Now Im gonna work on a scuttle. CAM00202.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    GDCarrington, macaronus and JRod22 like this.
  11. Kingofseoul

Kingofseoul Member

By sheer luck alone, I've managed to acquire 3 things I wanted to try:

1) gillette Fatboy
    2) Skim Adjustable
    3) Barbon after shave

The only thing I haven't tried is the slim, but it's coming.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390542741.905851.jpg

12. newb

newb Resident Newb

The Vision is a mighty fine razor in my opinion, but at a high price. To me it's worth it. If you want a huge razor that shaves nimble, this is it. As for the Merkur slants,,,, I don't like the newer ones, to me they are all too heavy. BUT a vintage Merkur slant IMHO is pure art. But YMMV.

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The AS-D2 is off my list. I've read enough reviews that were recent and they still have the VERY picky angle of attack for the razor. I've swapped it out with a new thing I MUST ABSOLUTELY TRY. I'd rather spend the $200 on something I'd enjoy than end up firing on the Buy & Sell in a week.

14. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Active Member

I like the thought of "writing things down, to achieve your goals!" Haha.. Let's hope this works!

Dear Santa,

1. Gillette FatBoy! Gees I've lost out everywhere I've tried to obtain one. Beginning to think it's just not meant to be.. Guess any vintage gillette adjustable would do, to scratch this itch?? :~}

2. New Silvertip Brush, want to try one I'm positive is a "True Silvertip":)

3. Would love to try some TSD vendors soaps Mikes Naturals, Mamma Bear, Etc. (Any "manly" scent suggestions? Still winter so I'm thinking Sandalwoods, leather, musk, etc..)

Thanks for opening this thread!!! Love reading everyone's "wish lists"!

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    SE - Newb

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. Abu_Lam'yaa

Abu_Lam'yaa New Member

Hey guys, I'd like to chime in with my 3.

1) Any Shave Den product

2) Captain's Choice Bay Rum

3) Merkur Futur razor

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Shave Den soaps are wonderful and so are the aftershaves. :)

Shamrock likes this.
  17. crackstar

I want to try the Yeti Snot soap and it looks like I'll be doing so because I have a sample of it on the way here. :)

18. Abu_Lam'yaa

Abu_Lam'yaa New Member

I know, that's why I put TSD as my first choice to try new this year. Thanks.

Peace

crackstar likes this.
  19. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I look forward to your reveiw, Jeff!

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  20. crackstar

It'll be my pleasure! ;)

GDCarrington likes this.