Best brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by flettaloff, Jan 9, 2014.

1. flettaloff

flettaloff Member

What is the best brush om the market?

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's an impossible question to answer. My best brush will not be the next persons best brush. I like a badger brush. YMMV.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup, on all points.

And by the way, there is no such thing as a "soap" brush, or a "cream" brush, or a "face lathering brush", or a "bowl lathering" brush, only "personal preference" brushes.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

There is no such thing as the best brush, or soap, or razor, or blade , or car, or hamburger etc...

RaZorBurn123, tuxxdk and swarden43 like this.
  5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The best brush on the market is one you find attractive to look at, comfortable to hold, and works for you. Sometimes people luck out and get their favourite right off the bat. Others like me go through about 30 before finding some they really love to use, and make a rotation of them. Badger, Boar, Horse, Synthetic and the mixes of those hairs all have their place with some people; its really a question of starting to look for a handle style you like within you price range and go from there.

Shave of the Day pics help quite a bit cause you can see them in their primary environment and may get that "Whoah I want one" feeling.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  6. flettaloff

flettaloff Member

Hehe, I'm getting the Mühle M89 but I just wanted to see what kind of answers I got!:-p

7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have 4 brushes that are the best brush individually. :) So no, there is no best brush, but there is only what you prefer.

8. joshkamradt

joshkamradt Member

For me so far i like a mixed boar brush my father sent me three a horse hair a bore and a mixed i tried all of them and love the mixed bore and badger.

9. The_Dude_Abides

The_Dude_Abides Active Member

For me, a simple, wood handled Semogue brush is absolute perfection.

fdce54 and tuxxdk like this.
  10. Ejaggerman

Ejaggerman Member

I like my AOS badger but I have a Horse hair I love as well.

11. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

As Steve nicely said.......only "personal preference" brushes. My best brush is the one I am currently using. :happy088:

12. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

I love the the semogue boar brush. 20.00 well spent. Parker badger brushes are best bang for the buck (imo)

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sure there is. In-N-Out Burger! :)

IF you want an SOC Boar brush, cheapest I know is $26 (INCL shipping) from Vintage Scent when you apply their 10% off coupon (valid on all products all of 2014),
    That's a great price.

14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I'd vote for this one. Just make sure you don't leave your brushes outside to dry, it's pretty windy here in North Dakota.
    [​IMG]

flettaloff, HoosierTrooper and Bobcat like this.
  15. synth

synth Member

Muhle synths. Silvertip if you like density & scrub. Black if you like soft & luxurious. They work so much better than badger, boar, horse, or even unicorn.

16. newb

newb Resident Newb

The best brush I've ever owned ... It's always the newest one I've purchased ! I prefer horse and have a fondness for cheap Turkish products. But YMMV

17. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Unicorn! I've never tried unicorn! Where can I get one? Does it need a break in? How is it for water retention? Unicorn! Oh, marvelous - a whole other category of brush to pursue!:happy093:

18. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I do see your point. Tell me more, what brands of Turkish brushes, blades, and soap?

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My best badger is a Frank Shaving finest. My best boar is a Semogue 1305.

newb likes this.