Cartridges and DEs equal?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Galactus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I haven't used a cartridge razor in a year. It's either DE or straights for me. If I did have to use a cartridge, it would probably be a Gillette Good News or some other 2 bladed contraption.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

The only time I use plastic is when I fail to prepare early enough when I'm traveling and don't send or send the blades too late in advance of me. Then I use whatever plastic toy the hotel offers.

3. Nikhil Naidu

Nikhil Naidu Member

Hey everyone. I tried a real simple experiment today. Used three different razors for shaving today. Basically used a DE (low end $2 Gillette - 100 indian ruppees with a free 7'O Clock blade) on one side of the face and half chin. A twin blade (sensor excel) and a triple blade SuperMax. for the other half of my face. The shave cream and everything else remained the same.
    With the DE - a WTG followed by relathering and an XTG gave me a BBS on cheeks and chin area. Below the chin was a bit rough (just slight - 2000 Grit sandpaper rough). But a touch up there and it was almost BBS.
    With the Twin Blade - Went WTG, followed by an XTG however there was some tugging and pulling. not perfectly BBS but will pass in office.
    With the Triple Blade - Went WTG, followed by XTG, very slight tugging and had to use some weight from the hand. The chin area remained rough (1000 Grit Sandpaper rough) even after a touch up.

So Verdict - A cheap DE is better than an Expensive Multiblade!

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And there you have it, folks! :D

5. newb

newb Resident Newb

With proper d/e technique. Using most cart's should yield an excellent shave. IMHO a Schick Quattro can't be beat.