The Haul: February 2014

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Neolithium, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I received this Eversharp Hydro-Magic this week, and I am glad I got it. It cleaned up very well, and it is a great shaver.

hydro-magic-04s.jpg DSCF6332s.jpg

Hanzo, CJames, Ryan B and 7 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Zum Wohl! ;)

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

This was in my mailbox yesterday and today. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391913012.600150.jpg
    Yesterday I received my Birth Year/Quarter 1961 Gillette Fatboy G3, a pack of Wilkinson Sword & Personna blades, an Ever Ready Pure Badger brush, and a puck of Colgate Palmolive soap. Also yesterday, from fram773, I received my Gem MMOC, a pack of Treet blades, and a sample of Barrister & Mann Bay Rum Soap - Thanks Freddy!
    Today I got my first Str8 razor from gssixgun - a Red Imp, that came with its coffin, and is as shave ready as they come - one of his strop boards, and he threw in a jar of Crox - Thanks Glen!

Man I love TSD - though the fine people here have a way of helping me decide where my disposable cash is spent LOL :D
    If I haven't said it in a while, thanks everyone here for being ... You :)
    I feel a PIF coming on - just have to figure out what. I'll figure it out, and look to PIF this month sometime as a big thank you to TSD.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  4. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

Those Gillette Fatboy's are cool!

Shamrock likes this.
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I love that I now have 2 birth year/ quarter razors from Gillette - my Fatboy, and my Slim. No matter what razors I may move in and out of my Den, I don't see those leaving until they are ultimately passed down to my son - who I have talked into turning away from the dark side of cartridge shaving, and coming over to Nirvana. :) The cool thing is that he had started using soap in a mug instead of goo a while ago...I just found out a couple days ago. I'm sending him his first kit in Germany where he's stationed - a Merkur 23C, a huge sample pack of blades, a small jar of ABCBA :D and my first brush - pretty much a no name from Amazon, but I really like it, and think it will make a good first brush for him. Anyway...now that it feels I've made an attempt to high jack this thread, I will apologize and move back to center. :D

6. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

That's cool Shamrock, I'm sure he'll love that stuff!

7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Thank you @crackstar. It was a pleasure to drink a drum of this fantastic Whiskey.

crackstar likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

What a great haul!

Just FYI for you and others - March is TSD's Official PIF MONTH! :happy093:

Shamrock and macaronus like this.
  9. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

That is sweet! Does your wife have the pattern for this, and if so, would you be willing to PM it to me? My wife is also a quilter. Tell yours she did a fantastic job!

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks! I'll let her know.
    No pattern, just used my longest razor for dimensions.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Today's delivery...I had to know about these soaps beyond the myth/legend, so I took the plunge. Having never smelled them, I was unsure which, if either, I would like, so I decided to try both. Based on the smells emanating from the boxes they came in, let alone the scents as I opened the jars, I love BOTH scents. I'll be testing each in the next couple days, and since it's my weekend, they came at the perfect time for me to take my time and really enjoy them. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392052183.990144.jpg

fram773, vwp528, Dusan and 8 others like this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Okay, Chris, now for the tough questions: How would you describe both the scented MdC and the Fougere? How would you describe the differences between the two? Which do you prefer and why? ;)

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I promise to give a review of both, and also the differences I find after I have used both :)

CJames and HolyRollah like this.
  14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Jerusalem Olivewood Handle with 24mmx58mm Whipped Dog Synthetic Knot.

[​IMG]

jpb437, JRod22, John Beeman and 10 others like this.
  15. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Wow! That is a beautiful handle. I love the grain in it. That's something you could put on a shelf anywhere in your house as art :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  16. bzero007

bzero007 Active Member

Today a lot of samples landed of which I have been waiting to try the viking swords out especially. Also the Razorock Mission landed of which ill give it a go in the morning with a Persona blue blade.[​IMG]

burnout961, Dusan, macaronus and 5 others like this.
  17. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

I'm interested to know this too....Really want to try the Fougure!

18. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Couple new soaps hit the mailbox today! Some from Spain, some from France, and a sample from L.A. (thx Bob!)

[​IMG]

Jabonman - Ylang Ylang Pachuli Naranja
    Jabonman - Vetiver Mandarina Litsea Cubeba
    Jabonman Samples - Citrus + Mountain
    Le Pere Lucien
    LASS Woody Lavender Sample

Oh and my Chubby 1 2-band and Ikon Slant made their way back safe to me (Thanks Kevin!)...A good day's haul to be sure!

RaZorBurn123, JRod22, vwp528 and 5 others like this.
  19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Today i received a "Valet Safety Razor" from a member in our German Forum. The pictures are not the best,but i guess you see what i try to show you...;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A really nice razor. Hope that it will shave as well as it looks. :)

Greetings
    Thorsten

fram773, RaZorBurn123, JRod22 and 7 others like this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Stunningly beautiful handle on that brush, mate! Congrats!

Bobcat likes this.